Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Axe. TR period?

Article about: Hi Gents! What is your opinions? Looks german feuerwehr parade axe to me, but couldn't find same. Stepped mount whitout rings. Maybe lower rank type? Thank you!

Question Axe. TR period?

Hi Gents!
    What is your opinions?
    Looks german feuerwehr parade axe to me, but couldn't find same.
    Stepped mount whitout rings. Maybe lower rank type?
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Axe. TR period?   Axe. TR period?  

Axe. TR period?   Axe. TR period?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Axe. TR period?
    P
    Many

?

Hi, I own one ax and I recently bought a torso that I'm going to renovate. I don't like the screws on your ax, it looks like the shaft has been restored. but it doesn't have to be.Axe. TR period?Axe. TR period?Axe. TR period?Axe. TR period?

Hi!

Thank you!
    Nice resurrection. Like it.

Still, I don't like the screws, too. The philips screws not a common type on on the TR period cold weapons.

I know used so many various design with these axes.
    This type same head style axe with rings, but I don't know for sure the orinality too. Sadly the screws doesn't look on the photo:
    Fireman's Dress Axe [M1938]

Maybe other collectors answering the question.

Quote by kekel View Post
    Hi, I own one ax and I recently bought a torso that I'm going to renovate. I don't like the screws on your ax, it looks like the shaft has been restored. but it doesn't have to be.
    In agreement as to the screws. The Phillips head (other names and some manufacturing variations) not appropriate to the period. Best Regards, Fred

Probably post war, maybe not even German. I would think the lack of suspension rings (as seen on Kekel's example) is also an indication this is not TR era.

Quote by kekel View Post
    Hi, I own one ax and I recently bought a torso that I'm going to renovate. I don't like the screws on your ax, it looks like the shaft has been restored. but it doesn't have to be.
    This is the style I would expect to see.
    I have assisted with repairs on one handle parts, I will post some photos when I can find them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry I don't have photos of the head, only the handle was sent to me to repair.
    This example was fully etched.
    It was missing one of the rings and mount.
    Ralph.

Axe. TR period?

You can see the shiny brass of the new ring and mount in this photo.

Axe. TR period?

With a little aging.

Axe. TR period?
    Axe. TR period?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you gents!