MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword

Article about: This one is a rare bird to find, early nickel silver, complete with the hangers-belt. Rare about this one it the custom ordered stag grip, they are normally found with a straight black paint

A similar maker's mark, also attributed to the '33-'34 timeframe but a little different. This one is known as the "triple" oval because one of the ovals is actually two. From what I've been told, this mark is almost always seen on Eickhorn items for export however this time, the blade stayed within Deutschland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword
    P
    Many

And now, the reason this one is so special. It's got a blade presenting the dagger to a Kommandant for his 25th anniversary in Feuerwehr service. It's placed to a fire company in Limburg an der Lahn.

- - ------- - -

Left side
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword   Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword  

Right side
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword  

?

Billy thank you for adding your parade sword too!
    It makes this a great post seeing 2 of these rare birds together.
    Its a lovely one with a great dedication!
    I know 1 more, a bit shorter one with 1 scabbard hanger fitting that also has a dedication etch dating it to 1915

Best
    Ger

?

Been looking for a senior ranks portepee but thats a real challange, meanwhile i settled for a nice firedepartment lower ranks one.
    I think it looks just great
    Best,
    Ger
    Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2