Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.

Article about: hello, Have anyone seen this before? do you think is good? repro and post war etching?this is the only picture i got so far. Best Regards Tobias

Default Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.

hello,

Have anyone seen this before? do you think is good? repro and post war etching?this is the only picture
    i got so far.

Best Regards Tobias

Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched bayonet F W Höller Solingen.
    P
    Many

The bayonet itself is period no issues ..the etch I would leave to more well trained eyes of Anderson.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!

Even with the bad photos i don't like it, it reminds me, with that blued background of the 1970's fakes. But let's analyse it. Etchings on Third Reich era Feuerwehr faschinenmesser are fairly rare, but there are a few examples around. But they tend to be unique in style and design and not the same as used on military KS98.
    From what we can see, we've got a FW Holler Fire blade and a etching that does look like in the Holler style. But the use of the Heer folded wing eagle as a book end is very odd and unseen on any other Fire etching I've come across. In fact even political eagles are very rare. Second we have a standard military service remembrance verse "in memory of my service", which was used mainly for limited service military personel. I've never seen that phrase on a Fire etching before. More likely the etching would be done for a retirement after many years service and would say something like " for 15 years loyal service". Thirdly, the under line inscription is simply "Feuerwehr Munchen". Again that is not is what is typically seen, the terminology is not right. Something like "Berufsfeuerwehr Munchen" would be more correct.
    So more photos would be nice. But I've seen enough.

Thank you Anderson, i shall email the seller and see if i can get som high quality pics of the etching.