Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Etched Parade Bayonet

Article about: Not my pics. Curious what opinions I can gather on this one. Portepee is kinda crude. Throwing in two pics of other portepees. Are these period or repro? Thank you Von Ritt

Default Etched Parade Bayonet

Not my pics. Curious what opinions I can gather on this one. Portepee is kinda crude. Throwing in two pics of other portepees. Are these period or repro?

Thank you
    Von Ritt

Etched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade BayonetEtched Parade Bayonet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched Parade Bayonet   Etched Parade Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Parade Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Frog is most real for S84/98 bayonet, the porteppe is for dagger but i dont known its a repro or origin. The memberance part of etch is typical from F.W.Holler.
    Last edited by AndyB; 11-18-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Sorry this is a complete fake (apart from the frog). It's also a known fake which pops up every so often, always with the same etchings and stag horn grip. But it is post WW2 made and not by Alcoso.
    Some red flags on these fake KS98 is the length of the mortice lock button and the mortice slot is too wide. There are etching imperfections as well. Might display well, but value is probably $50.

Anderson- thank you sir. Too good to be true.