Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fireman bayonet

Article about: Hello Gents, I bought this bayonet at the age of 20 now I am 29 years old, can you give me some opinions on the authenticity of this bayonet? It seems to me that it is not original,the washe

Yes I have a scabbard,but I havent photograph it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fireman bayonet
    P
    Many

One clarification regarding what Tom Wittmann said about leather washers and fakes. Typically one can remove a leather washer if so desired. Occasionally however the leather has become fused to the crossguard due to attic heat and sometimes through the passage of time.

Tom Wittmann’s statement regards blade buffers that are inserted next to the blade shoulders before the blade is secured and riveted to the hilt assembly. The end effect being that some of the leather is trapped beneath the shoulders of the blade. It’s important to look closely to see if the buffer is merely stuck in place or actually under the blade itself.

On a plain blade bayonet, it’s far less likely IMO. It certainly helps if collectors avail themselves of the typical red flags of reproduction etched bayonets.

I understand,thank you Billy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2