Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?

Article about: This showed up today and must say, the maker of this bayonet seems somewhat unique. Not sure if it qualifies for rare. Found and read a similar thread about a similar bayonet from 9/23/2013.

Default Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?

This showed up today and must say, the maker of this bayonet seems somewhat unique. Not sure if it qualifies for rare. Found and read a similar thread about a similar bayonet from 9/23/2013. Interested in the style of the tip of this bayonet. What I can't seem to nail down is the style of the end of the bayonet. Does this cut have a name? Why would the blade not continue in an straight smooth point without the cutaway. Close examination does not show any type of alteration or modification. Please excuse my short coming when it comes to bayonets. Not my specialty at all. Please share your thoughts and knowledge of this type of blade.

Many thanks. All my thanks.
    -Von Ritt

Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heinrich Krieghoff Bayonet. But, what else?
    P
    Many

?

It could be only distributor of Fireguard Sidearm, Heinrich Krieghoff had joined letters together wenn i remember correctly.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    It could be only distributor of Fireguard Sidearm, Heinrich Krieghoff had joined letters together wenn i remember correctly.
    My memory of the topic is the same. The manufacture of guns during the TR era another matter as the company is very well known for them. Best Regards, Fred

That's a good find. The blade is of a type known as a "Carbine blade" and typically seen on some KS98 bayonets. The style itself goes back to the Imperial era and found with some hunting daggers. When paired with the Fire type hilt, it is fairly rare and may well be what Angolia described in his book (see P168, Daggers,bayonets & fighting knives of Hitler's Germany) as for senior subordinates of the Feuerschutzpolizei, also available in sawback.

I have pondered the meaning behind the HK initials for some time. Of course it could be a yet unknown distributor, or possibly Heinrich Krieghof. Best guess for Krieghof is not the initials but the dotted circle around them which was I believe used on their Lugers as well.

In over 20 years of of collecting fire bayonets, I’ve never observed this mark on anything except a fire bayonet. HK utilized 3 separate maker marks, a plain HK (this mark) which is the most commonly seen, the same mark albeit with serifs on the letters and a script logo. All 3 marks employ the dotted circle.

Refer also the sticky thread; "Fire faschinenmesser manufacturers and distributors". Krieghof is probably the best answer until another possibility emerges. Not a common marks and not a common type.

Quote by Billy G View Post
    I have pondered the meaning behind the HK initials for some time. Of course it could be a yet unknown distributor, or possibly Heinrich Krieghof. Best guess for Krieghof is not the initials but the dotted circle around them which was I believe used on their Lugers as well.

In over 20 years of of collecting fire bayonets, I’ve never observed this mark on anything except a fire bayonet. HK utilized 3 separate maker marks, a plain HK (this mark) which is the most commonly seen, the same mark albeit with serifs on the letters and a script logo. All 3 marks employ the dotted circle.
    I can look into it further, but my immediate recollection is that Krieghoff used an "H anchor/dagger (or really short sword) K" that was connected with the "H" and "K" as bookends. Underneath was "Krieghoff" over "Suhl" that is also seen on some holsters. And/or its letter code Fertigungskennzeichen for later military items. Best Regards, Fred

Anderson Sir, Your description is exactly the information I am looking for. Have you ever seen or held one similar to this one? Happy to know the seasoned collectors here are the top. Anderson, you made my day. The hunt continues for a sawback bayonet. The Red Cross dagger is one of my favorites because of the sawback. Thank you sir.

Warmest Regards,
    - Von Ritt

Hi,

The manufacturer of this fascine knife for the fire brigade (no bayonet) is Heinrich Klein, Solingen-Haan.
    A company that also made straight razors.
    Heinrich Klein has used various brand names and logos on its products. This also includes the HK in the halo.

I don't know who started this with Krieghoff. From my point of view, it's nonsense. This arms factory never produced for the fire brigade and also used a different logo.

Regards

That's interesting SW but do you have some document link you can give us to confirm Heinrich Klein produced Fire faschinenmesser? Without it's still an opinion. From my brief search on this maker confirms they made razor blades, but not the fire blades, but maybe you can post more information that shows they did.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast