Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identify and estimate value on this dagger

Article about: What is it, What opinion do you have on its condition. What is its sale value. Do you think it would sell for \\$110 USD.

Default Re: Identify and estimate value on this dagger

It is good.

Taking pics of daggers and bayonets can be tricky due to reflections.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify and estimate value on this dagger
    P
    Many

so what do you think of the blade and what value would you put on it?

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As Ade said, these bayonets are (almost) always silver. Your bayonet appears, at least in the first batch of pics to have a gold type finish. In the 2nd picture, notice how it's worn away near the pommel top. Perhaps it's nicotine patination?

Regarding the rivets, I respectfully disagree that these rivets are correct. I've never seen flat heads on obverse rivets on a 3R Feuerwehr bayonet that was unmessed with. I own about 110 of them currently, all from different makers/distributors & have maybe sold maybe a couple hundred over the years & this is not a trait I've observed on 3R applied rivets, the obverse heads should be domed.

The maker is Richard Klaas however the mark is the most common of the 3 distinct Klaas marks I've observed on Feuerwehr bayonets so nothing in the rarity department. Looks like the blade has some goop on it (cosmoline maybe?) that will probably come off with a light cleaning. Considering it has a nice frog, I'd say value is $125-$145. give or take.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2