Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

P.D.Luneschloss Police bayonet

Article about: A lot of the police bayonets we find these days do not have matching numbers and a lot are in bad condition. I think that the great look of these shortened weimar bayonets are part of the pr

?

Default P.D.Luneschloss Police bayonet

A lot of the police bayonets we find these days do not have matching numbers and a lot are in bad condition.
    I think that the great look of these shortened weimar bayonets are part of the problem.
    Collectors hang on to them like their mothers skirts in their younger days
    I like this Luneschloss, it has a different hilt and guard as the more commonly found Weyersberg.
    Enjoy the pics ( i have 1 picture that shows both hilts, so you can compare)

Ger
    P.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonetP.D.Luneschloss Police bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement P.D.Luneschloss Police bayonet
    P
    Many

Nice one Ger. A PD Luneschloss issued by the Dusseldorf municipal Polizei. And as you point out a few interesting unique features. I would highlight the crossbar which is particularly nicely detailed with the Oakleaves. Nice angry eagle. What we know from other PDL Polizei sidearms is that many were issued by Dusseldorf Polizei which suggests that Police department may have had a contract with PDL to supply. Another unique feature is the smaller alloy rivets as seen in the last photo. These were fitted around 1936 when the Weimar era sidearms were refurbished, rebadged and shorten. Dusseldorf seems to have used smaller rivets. Blade reshaping has been done beautifully.
    The frog is interesting. My understanding was Carl Busse of Mainz was an equipment distributor, particularly of Fire faschinenmesser where typically their mark is stamped on the ricasso of fire sidearms. However it could well be possible they marketed Polizei equipment as well.

?

Thank you P. for your info about these Luneschloss bayonets!
    Sharing knowledge and helping out other collectors thats what a forum should be made of.
    Im happy Warrelics has gents like you

Regards
    Ger

Wow Ger that is the most beautifull police bayonet i have ever seen

I like these as they are a matched pair showing 2 different sized troddel acorns.
    Gerrit could you post 1 more full sized photo please of both the Bayos side by side so the readers can see the acorn size difference ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

wow,another minty gems, beautiful find my friend

?

Lovely Police bayo Ger , good to see the differences in the pommel & guard

Great bayos to collect imo.

Regards Mac 66

Quote by gerrit View Post
    A lot of the police bayonets we find these days do not have matching numbers and a lot are in bad condition.
    I think that the great look of these shortened weimar bayonets are part of the problem.
    Collectors hang on to them like their mothers skirts in their younger days
    I like this Luneschloss, it has a different hilt and guard as the more commonly found Weyersberg.
    Enjoy the pics ( i have 1 picture that shows both hilts, so you can compare)Ger
    I agree, these are particularly striking pieces especially as they were carried by rank and file members!

My one and only is a PD Luneschloss with functioning bayonet release catch and I really have no intention of ever parting with it as long as I remain a collector (hope I have a few years left in the game ), the blade is not quite as good as the one shown by Ger but it has matching numbers, it is also Duesseldorf marked and has the same pre-war stamp on the spine.

I posted a couple of pics in post#10 of this thread; Gendarmerie bayonet, slotted version by P.D. Luneschloss

I think these are probably my favourite TR bayonet.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-09-2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

That’s a beautiful dagger you show here! Well done

Danny