Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find

Article about: Hello Gents ...this was one of my last day pickups ...1 of 2 ..the other being a Heer dagger . After killing my legs walking endlessly ..I pretty much saw this bayo on Thursday ,,but decided

Default Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find

Hello Gents ...this was one of my last day pickups ...1 of 2 ..the other being a Heer dagger .

After killing my legs walking endlessly ..I pretty much saw this bayo on Thursday ,,but decided not to be too quick to jump the gun and purchase anything unless I walked around a little bit.

This was one I had a goal to look for and from what I saw..none of them came close to what I wanted in aPolice bayo as seen in the photos.
    Some had no frogs...those with frogs had metal black scabbards ...no frogs etc...this one had all that I wanted but wanted to exhaust all other options ...and this was the one to get,after sending photos to Anderson..he gave me the thumbs up.

The only detriment is an old crack in the stag grip which may have happened during the grip cut down and fit application to the bayonet. Other than that my search for a small knot Police portepee is my next quest.
    I do not know the maker on the back of the frog..and want to know if this maker is correct for this type of bayo.

Regards Larry
    below are the photos.

Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 findPaul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 findPaul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find

Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 findPaul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 findPaul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find
    P
    Many

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions, but the bayo looks really great!

MAP
    ?

It also looks a lot better in hand.

A great pick up
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Very nice Larry! I've always admired a nice clean Polizei bayonet.

Quote by TWS View Post
    Very nice Larry! I've always admired a nice clean Polizei bayonet.
    It was difficult to find one with a decent leather wrap..as others were either ripped, gouged or rotted...Im fortunate to acquire it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Looks like a nice shortage of Police Extra SG, with no units on crosspiece, the frog looks police and ok for Schutzpolizei, i assume its Fr.Aug.Muhlenfeld GmbH, Barmen, these maker is known a police item distributor. Maker of bayonet is Paul Weyersberg.

Thankyou Andy...what size lower ball portepee would accepted for this Police bayo. I was told that a black insert should be all black.? ...but more curious of the size of the ball.

Regards Larry

?

i would look here for other police items, i assume dress portepee with green/silver parts on lower Eichel could be added here and red /white /black strap.

So that would be a Rural portepee?

?

I am not expert on knots, there is certainly a silver one used prior 1937/8 period and green stiching one used post 1939, by Firepolice with red stiching, rural when You mean a Landjaegerei units so there should be brown colored leather on scabbard and frog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast