Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

police bayonet opinions please

Article about: Could I please have some opinions on this police bayonet. Sorry these are the only photos I have.

?

Default police bayonet opinions please

Could I please have some opinions on this police bayonet.
    Sorry these are the only photos I have.police bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement police bayonet opinions please
    P
    Many

An authentic Weimar era Polizei seitengewehr which has been modified around 1936 to Third Reich specs. Marks indicate it was issued by Landjaegerei or Rural Police in district of Lueneburg, weapon number 102. A photo of the blade in full is needed as blade condition greatly effects value. Scabbard appears to have brown leather which is correct. Condition (we can see) is good/average for this type of side arm.

I agree but if these are seller pics I suggest you insist on having pictures of the whole item before taking any action regarding buying this. As stated, the condition of the blade is critical but there is also the question of why the whole is not shown. Is there something the seller does not want you to see?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks for the info guys, I have seen the whole blade in a video,he also sent some pictures I’ll post up the others police bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions pleasepolice bayonet opinions please

That is better.

All down to price now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

He’s asking £495 and I have to ship it to Australia

Quote by joey View Post
    He’s asking £495 and I have to ship it to Australia
    Well, that seems like a good price but I can't help with shipping as I have never sent anything worth more than a few bob to Australia. Just don't forget the insurance in your calculations as to lose something of that nature would be painful!

Here's a very similar one currently for sale albeit including a frog;

Rural Police Bayonet by Alcoso | Lakesidetrader

There are others in his list for further comparison.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Nice looking rural Polizei bayonet and the price is comparable. The matched sets are always good to find. I guess the decision would hinge on the shipping costs.

?

Looks like proper shortage of long Landjaegerei Police SG.

Hello,
    yes, this is about the conversion and shortening of a police bayonet from 1937.

The stamp proves that it is a piece of Landjägerei in the Lüneburg district.
    The sheath leather was normal brown. Unfortunately this has been blackened or is dirty.