Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Presentation Police Bayonet

Article about: Hi guys can I please get your thoughts on this one. I'm not sure and feel as if it not right. Have been looking and not found one with a gold police insignia. Also the rivets are not as big

?

Default Presentation Police Bayonet

Hi guys can I please get your thoughts on this one. I'm not sure and feel as if it not right. Have been looking and not found one with a gold police insignia. Also the rivets are not as big as most. Then there is blade shape is this the correct way they were cut down? Then there is the etching on the blade? Big difference in the 9s where it has 1938-1939. Appreciate some expert opinions on this. Maybe as it is a presentation bayonet it could have these things. Just not confident enough to make a call. Only pictures I have sorry. Thanks for your help.Presentation Police BayonetPresentation Police BayonetPresentation Police BayonetPresentation Police BayonetPresentation Police Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Presentation Police Bayonet
    P
    Many

Hi! I'm afraid is not a good one, an old fake, please have a look on this thread in germandaggers.com, as said in the thread only Holler make this model

Police Etched Bayonet - Your new forums

best regards

Nacho

?

Thanks Nacho. Didn't give me warm fuzzy feelings. Appreciate your time. AL

oh yeah, sorry but it's a well known fake

I agree, nothing good here. The etching is based on a known (rare) Police remembrance type, but that was in "relief", meaning the lettering was not etched, but the background was. And it was more decorative. This etching is very poor quality as is the alloy cast hilt, crossbar and "clamshell".

?

is well known fantasy piece.

I agree with the others, there is nothing good on this one.

Originals in this pattern were on Höller marked blades. The blades themselves are not 20cm or 25cm, as a standard KS98 length, but a longer private purchase police length. The blade is marked with the typical Pack mark seen on many 1960’s and 1970’s fakes.

Originals did not employ a clamshell device. The grip emblem on this one is incorrect and postwar as well.