Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

private purchase police bayonet

Article about: hello this is my last find,the first time i encountering the iii reich period police bayonet. from the research i've made this is the type made in the 30's or maybe later.please correct me i

Michal,

I believe the bayonet itself is a period original although the smaller proportion private purchase examples typically have the stiletto blade with swedge, I'm sure it's fine. The issue however is the grip emblem which, IMO, is a replacement.

The picture of it you just posted is from the side so it's less helpful than a straight shot. Here it is, albeit cropped and with diminished resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images private purchase police bayonet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement private purchase police bayonet
    P
    Many

The style I believe this emblem is attempting to mimic is this, an aluminum 3R produced "wide-winged" type. This emblem is on a Höller example I own with aluminum hilt and 13" uncut blade. Note the differences in detail as well as shape.

The emblem in question has a more rounded wreath with wings that are larger and spread wider.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture private purchase police bayonet  

Here is a pin that was offered on a militaria site as a Polizei lapel pin. I have seen several types like this but all with similar shape that is less detailed and less aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture private purchase police bayonet  

Here is the reverse with pin. My suspicion is the bayonet might have been denazified at some point, only to have a replacement emblem glued or pinned into place. The fact it is completely immovable bolsters that thought.

A redone eagle is forgivable IMO, assuming the emblem itself is a period example. In this case, however, I think it isn't and therefore less desirable.

thank You for response,indeed the poor quality of the eagle in case of my bayonet is visible on a first sight especially in the comparision of other eagles.i just jhought that this is caused maybe by a late year of production.sorry for the last photo of eagle a tryed to catch the pin attachments and dont focused the photos on the eagle itself.maybe tommorow when will be full daylight i will attache some better.
    in case of such condtitioned bayonet i can ''close an eye'' on a replamcement and live with this
    thank you very much for Your input and for extra photos
    regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2