Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Recent Fire Police Find

Article about: These three recently came out of a garage in a house down the street from me and I was wondering if anyone had ever seen a fire police portepee like this? Its put through the frog? What is t

Default Recent Fire Police Find

These three recently came out of a garage in a house down the street from me and I was wondering if anyone had ever seen a fire police portepee like this? Its put through the frog? What is the significance of the yellow cording? And the yellow string around the handle, was that for the manufacturer tag? Thanks ABN

Recent Fire Police Find

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent Fire Police Find
    P
    Many

The portapee doesn't belong on a Fire faschinenmesser. Not sure what it is. The S 84/98 bayonet looks tidy, you may like to create a thread for that one as well. Could be a post war refurbish, but nice to have a look. The NSFK dagger deserves a new thread as well.

?

S84/98 looks ok to me appart from wrongly added into scabbard, the brown scabbard could be LW type.

The scabbard is black not brown. The frog is brown? What precludes the bayonet from a brown frog?

The DLV has been posted and has definitely caused some debate.

Quote by Airbornehunter View Post
    The scabbard is black not brown. The frog is brown? What precludes the bayonet from a brown frog?

The DLV has been posted and has definitely caused some debate.
    Im quite sure thats what Andy meant and may have been miswording on his part...but the frog is brown and yes the scabbard is black. A brown frog would denote Luftwaffe ..but let the Bayo guys further comment.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I talked about the first combat bayonet not about the Fireworker Sidearms on lowest position. Any pictures avialable? the S84/98 bayonet is blued and not blackened as is the dress one sidearm.

It appears that the knot on the fire bayonet might be the correct one for a short model however someone has wrapped some sort of cord around the strap. If you can show a closer picture of the knot and strap, we can probably tell.

I have a feeling the dot on the bottom of the bulb will have red inside, but it's possible it's an old Preußen knot too. The color thread and cat's anus would tell the tale.

Hello,

the knot thing is easy to figure out. Fire brigade or police Portpee both have special eyes. A picture of that would clarify.

Regards

Recent Fire Police Find

Recent Fire Police Find