Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Scabbard Identification? .....Opinions please

Article about: While browsing an Antiques Store, I came across this Scabbard (photos below). I don't see any "stamps" or "imprints" on the Leather Frog. Can someone tell me what Bayonet

Default Scabbard Identification? .....Opinions please

While browsing an Antiques Store, I came across this Scabbard (photos below). I don't see any "stamps" or "imprints" on the Leather Frog.

Can someone tell me what Bayonet or Dagger it should be used with?..... Also, if it is genuine WW2 and what year it might have been produced?

Thanks.

Harold

Scabbard Identification? .....Opinions pleaseScabbard Identification? .....Opinions pleaseScabbard Identification? .....Opinions pleaseScabbard Identification? .....Opinions pleaseScabbard Identification? .....Opinions pleaseScabbard Identification? .....Opinions pleaseScabbard Identification? .....Opinions please
    Last edited by OkieCollector; 01-01-2024 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Add photos
    Harold
    Oklahoma - USA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scabbard Identification? .....Opinions please
    P
    Many

Hi Harold...do you have photos?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry Larry. Tried to re-load them. They should be there soon. THANKS
    Harold
    Oklahoma - USA

Hi Harold....well I say you got a lucky pick placing it in the Police and Fire bayo forum...this is a scabbard for a Police bayonet.
    Production year would be after 1933 ...prior to this date these Bayonets were alot longer but those left over from the earlier time period were shortened and redistributed.

You can search many of these in the many threads we have here within this sub forum.
    The bayo Gents at some point after the holiday season will reply with more indepth detail ...but you got the right forum

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the info. Larry. I really appreciate it!

Happy New Year!
    Harold
    Oklahoma - USA

Looks like the scabbard is from the dress/walking out version of the S71/84 bayonet. The frog could be a Feuerwehr (Fire) frog for the faschinenmesser.
    The chape tip to the scabbard lacks the curved edge and "v" dip as seen in the Polizei scabbard.

Scabbard Identification? .....Opinions please

Thanks for the info. and great Photo Anderson!
    Harold
    Oklahoma - USA

?

This could be complet dress frog - scabbard combination of older S71/84 nickeled version.