Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia

Article about: Hello, after which the Vz.33 were treated here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fire-...oravia-826387/ I would like to introduce you to a Seitengewehr 24(t) / bayonet Vz.24 of the police in th

Default Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia

Hello,

after which the Vz.33 were treated here

Bayonet Vz.33 of the Gedamerie and Police in the Reich Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia

I would like to introduce you to a Seitengewehr 24(t) / bayonet Vz.24 of the police in the Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.

It is a normal Czechoslovakian Vz.24 from pre-war production, which was taken over by the Germans and renamed the Seitengewehr 24(t). There is only an "E" on the tang between the handle scales as acceptance.

The "S" has been removed from the blade and the entire "CSZ" from the scabbard.

The S and sometimes the whole CSZ were removed in order not to show any connection to Slovakia.

The frog is not a product of a German factory. It was probably made locally in a workshop.

Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia

Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia
    P
    Many

?

Personally i would not totally same opinion about this bayonet , the scabbard is most real army piece, even the CSZ stamp is removed, the bayonet it self was prepared in Brno for acceptance but was not fully army accepted, i personally believe You have there a Werkschutz piece, most real of Zbrojovka Brno or similar area, as the S in CSZ was removed this would speaks for czech not for germans. The hole in frog doesnt look like long time there as it would be more square shaped when compare the other used german frogs on Vz24 bayonets by german army.
    Note here the used german frog after some months the hole is rectangular on upper and lower position, because of wearing in it the rectangular hook of scabbard. (Die woelbung an seiten der hacken in oeffnung wuerde da nicht existieren.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia  
    Last edited by AndyB; 07-09-2023 at 08:14 AM.

Hello,

the police in the German-controlled Sudentland and Protectorate had been equipped with Vz24 bayonets before that.

These were simply adopted. The markings were very obviously changed analogously to those on the Vz.33 bayonets. This does not give me any indications of any kind of factory security.

And even if they did, every plant security was under the control of the Gestapo and the police.

A closer look at the acceptance stamp on the bayonet reveals a small indentation. They are easily recognized by the light reflection. The rest of the stamp may have been removed.

The opening on the frog is big enough. Doesn't look to me like the sheath was recently cleaned. It's OK. Unchanged carrying hooks of the scabbard were often supplied in German frogs.

Overall I have no doubts.

Regards

?

Thanks for posting details, i dont known was there an army acceptance or not from this pictures?, in case this was army item, so it could be then used by a police unit in Protektorat as You mentioned, in case there is only E its spare piece from Brno fabric (similar pieces existed when removed the older acceptance in case of quick export pcs reused older staff of CS army), anyway the production is pre 1936 and would be remained in ZB. The piece could be used in czech protektorat police, mainly in area of non Sudetenland, when in Sudetenland it would be changed per 1942 refurbishment probably and the maker would be outdoted other way, the C in front would be not remained.
    The frog from my observation was not used on this bayonet in duty, as this would be looks different. The hole by long time wearing would be rectangular in shape as here are oval inside. It was added some decades ago but this is my opinion personally, is Your choice what You believe.
    When You have a real german frog used with Vz24 bayonet You will see the difference in the hole, as the real area should be from both sides rectangular by wearing in duty.
    Attached Images Attached Images Seitengewehr 24(t) - Police Sudetenland / Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia 
    Last edited by AndyB; 07-10-2023 at 10:01 AM.