Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality

Article about: I want to share this beautiful hunting dagger with skinner with you all. Around the turn of the 19th century there were 3 major cities that were known as producers of edged weapons Germany h

?

Default Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality

I want to share this beautiful hunting dagger with skinner with you all.
    Around the turn of the 19th century there were 3 major cities that were known as producers of edged weapons
    Germany had Solingen
    the UK has Sheffield
    Spain had Toledo
    Banddamast was a very expensive material and Blacksmiths and Blade producers bought where they got the best price.
    The Vienna Firma of the Gebrüder Kellner bought their steel for this piece of art in Spain in Toledo.
    For this hunting set (in Germany and Austria called "Waidbesteck") they only used the finest materials, the grips are made of Ivory, the blades of banddamast and the scabbard ist a true art of leather fabrication build on a wooden frame, on top its been inlayed with vilt for the skinner to protect the gripplates.
    The beltbuckle is a nice piece of handwork showing a medieval scene.
    The clamshell is integrated into the crossguard, the guard and pommelcap have beautiful etched motives, and after the eching proces the base material (messing) has been blackened.
    The ivory grips are handcarved with beautiful scenes and the background was painted black to give a nice contrast, if it would have been stag the background would be brownish, and looking at the horizontal grain of the skinners gripplates its exactly like the grain on the ivory plates of the senior forestry daggers.
    The blades of banddamast are in great condition and of the highest quality.
    I will let the picture do the rest of the talking...
    Im proud to show this masterpiece made by Geb. Kellner Wien (Kellner brothers Vienna) timearea would be 1890-1910
    The Kellner brothers took over the business of the Maurer brothers in 1880.

Regards
    Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality   Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality  

Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality   Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality  

Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality   Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality  

Last edited by gerrit; 09-22-2021 at 07:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Banddamast Hunting dagger with skinner, Royal quality
    P
    Many

?

being a hunter with archery I am very fond of the historical hunting pieces. stunning Ger
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

What a beautiful piece Ger,I love it, you know that

German craftmanship never ceases to amaze me as during this time period ...pretty much everything was done by hand and enhanced in many ways...making no 2 of the same dagger alike ...every edged weapon type had its own personality and detail trait. Its what makes collecting enjoyable.

I can not see this beauty Gerrit posted ..having another like it ...looks like a special order.
    Its just amazing the amount of love and care that went into this knife.

Thankyou again Gerrit for sharing another one and only

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Absolutely Beautiful dagger.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

It´s a real gem. Congratulations.

Greetings
    Santi

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words, appreciated as usual!

It was a truly remarkable moment unpacking this beauty and seeing that in hand it was even better then it was on the few pics that i got from the seller.
    Its a one of a kind piece of art with a stunning damast blade in mint condition.
    It has been cherished all these years by its owner, now i will pick up that tradition

Regards
    Ger

Exceptional quality piece Ger. The scabbard and belt have a medieval look, no doubt intentional.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Exceptional quality piece Ger. The scabbard and belt have a medieval look, no doubt intentional.
    Agreed Peter, all custom desired features!

Ger

?

Hello Ger

I think that dagger is by far the best you have in your collection at the moment. Amazing craftsmanship.. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast