Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions

Article about: Hi Everyone. I recently got this cutlass from one online auction. Basically it was a blind purchase ))). But a really good price. This cutlass was recognized by members on another online for

Default Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions

Hi Everyone. I recently got this cutlass from one online auction. Basically it was a blind purchase ))). But a really good price.
    This cutlass was recognized by members on another online forum as an original Germany forestry cutlass made between 1928-1934 according the makers mark.
    But i still have a few questions
    Can anyone of you say something regarding the hanger (FROG), is it original prewar period made or not?
    Another mystery for me is that portopee attached on that cutlass, i know it is not correct for that type of cutlasses, maybe someone can recognize that type of portopee, troddell? it is golden color the belt made of leather.
    Also i was trying to find the same cutlass from the same make with the same maker on internet but i didn't manage.
    I will be glad if some one can share any some table where can be seen types of logos with time period logos were in use.
    And maybe a picture of a page from original catalog of E.u.F. Hörster's forestry daggers.
    I will be glad to get any information regarding that cutlass.
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions   Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions  

Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions   Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions  

Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions   Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions
    P
    Many

The frog and the blade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions   Forestry cutlass E.u.F. Hörster A few questions  

No opinions? Really?

Hi Spike ...usually Gerrit is very quick to respond on these threads.
    The cutlass looks great but I can not comment on the frog.

The logo is correct for this Cutlass as Horster used 2 of them.
    One being a double oval mark with " Horster "
    another being an oval mark as seen on your example .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry

?

Spike you have done a nice job, a great unterförster Hirschfänger, with stamped Logo, it has a nice period hanger, hanger clip would most likely be nickelplated iron and magnetic.
    I have seen period picture of knots like these on HF, but dont know this one.
    Normally a green cloth portepee would be attatched.

Best
    Ger

Late Weimar/ early 3rd Reich Horster mark, a nice original piece,

Gary

Thank Gerrit!

- - ------- - -

Thank you Gary!