Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hunting Dagger authenticity help

Article about: I recently found this, what I believe is a war time, National Hunting Association Dagger. It has a stag horn grip with the Stag Head and antlers DJ emblem with a small Swastika in the emblem

?

Default Hunting Dagger authenticity help

I recently found this, what I believe is a war time, National Hunting Association Dagger. It has a stag horn grip with the Stag Head and antlers DJ emblem with a small Swastika in the emblem. The highly polished blade has etched wildlife scenes on both sides. The dagger is approximately 12 inches long. I can find no maker marks on the blade. It has the Green leather scabbard and the frog catch is an acorn.
    I would like to know I’d the dagger is authentic and any other info about this dagger.
    Thank you.
    Hunting Dagger authenticity helpHunting Dagger authenticity helpHunting Dagger authenticity helpHunting Dagger authenticity helpHunting Dagger authenticity helpHunting Dagger authenticity help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hunting Dagger authenticity help
    P
    Many

May be a TR era "mini", wait for Gerrit to have a look.

?

Thanks. I’ll wait. I am not familiar with a “TR Wartime Mini”. When I saw it, I didn’t think to measure it but it is about under 12”.

?

Although its a nice quality made piece i seriously doubt this to be produced before 1945.
    The DJ emblem on the grip is not a TR one and to me postwar.
    The only confirmed miniatur Hirschfänger that is also published in Third Reich catalogues is made by Alcoso.

Ik have owned a few other mini's like the all metal ones who come with maker marks like Hörster and Eickhorn, although lovely made most like also not TR period ones.

Regards
    Ger

?

Thanks Ger.
    After further looking at it. And comparing it to other TR Era forestry daggers, I agree with your thoughts. Also , no makers marks brought a red flag. Thanks for you confirmation.