Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Rifle association an overview in pictures - Schützenbund

Article about: Every now and then we see a riffle association dagger or as the Germans say a Hirschfänger der Deutschen Schützenbund-Schützenverband. When Hitler came to Power in 1933 he immediatly orde

?

beautiful items. some of the tunics have more items than HERMAN GORING, has on his!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rifle association an overview in pictures - Schützenbund
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Gents for the nice comments, appreciated as usual!
    This area is a bit of a twilight zone in the collectors world, not much is written about it and lots of the medals, pins and awards didnt changed after the war in apearance.
    So always look for the ones that are dated, or with the "ges. Gesch."markings on the back.
    The uniforms are still pretty much the same,but the periods ones have the typical bakelite buttons with the crossed rifles, or the OLC marked metal ones.
    The hardly come up for sale in Germany.

Regards
    Ger

An exceptional collection Ger, thanks for sharing.

?

Top shelf collection from a top shelf gent! Thanks for sharing these great articles of history. Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Great work Gerrit...Thread pinned
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry.
    I will add more info about awards, pins, hats etc. in the future.
    I encourage others to attribute to this thread too with their Rifle Association items.
    I have seen nice " Schützenverband shootingaward certificates, given the owner the right to wear the award

I will try to buy the award with paperwork..

Regards
    Ger

Some amazing items in amazing condition!!! A well explained beautiful collection - Thank You for Sharing. Best Regards, Fred

?

Here is an award from the Rifle association with the original document (Auszeichnung) its the small award belonging to the Wehrmansgewehr (a private version of the German army rifle)
    Target range of these rifles was 300mtr range.
    After Versaille when it was forbidden for rifles using the mil. 8x57mm cartridge, they switches to this 8.15x46mm cartridge which was aloud.
    The was a limitation to 1 cartridge only, so the usual 5 cartridge loading bay of the rifle was filled with wood so only 1 could be loaded into the chamber and no fast firing was permitted.
    Here the award with document and an picture of an original ad of 1912

Regards
    Ger

I've never seen a Behörden model Gew.98 before, and had no idea that there was Gew.88. Thanks Again for the information and images. Best Regards, Fred

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    I've never seen a Behörden model Gew.98 before, and had no idea that there was Gew.88. Thanks Again for the information and images. Best Regards, Fred
    Your welcome Fred,

the commercial caliber 8.15x 46 mm was not a very popular caliber in the pre WW1 days, its was an expensive cartridge and the ballistic of it couldn't match the 8x57mm of the standard mauser military rifle, so for real target marksmanship beyond the standard 300 mtr range it wasnt that usefull
    After the war with the Versaille regulations it was THE caliber to use, and handling was exactly like the army rifles so it was in a way the way to train people for the times ahead..

Ger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast