Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***

Article about: Just when you tought you've seen them all a bowieknife popup out of the woodwork that realy is realy amazing! I present my latest catch besides a couple of great bowie knives from the same p

?

Default Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***

Just when you tought you've seen them all a bowieknife popup out of the woodwork that realy is amazing!
    I present my latest catch besides a couple of great bowie knives from the same production period.
    Here we have 3 Bowie style knives dating 1890-1920, 2 German ones and 1 from Austria (Graz)
    The oldest one is the one with the Berlin silver Dogshead guard, a great knife and with this handengraved guard hardly ever to find, total size: 36cm, 485 gramms
    The one in the middle is the unmarked Backhaus Bowie, its blade is a bit larger but total size and weight match the dogheads guard bowie.
    But then we have the giant Standhauer by Hans Bayer from Graz, total lenght is 45cm and it weights a hefty 1045 gramms
    Well i let the pics do the talking.....enjoy these beautiful knives

Cheers,
    Ger
    Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***
    Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***
    Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Standhauer-Saufänger-Waidblatt-Bowieknives ***Big***Bigger***Biggest***
    P
    Many

I dont think we will ever see them all as you keep bringing out from the woodwork what was never thought possible and here we are now.
    Some incredible examples and look like some very " Heavy Metal " types.

Rock On Bro..thankyou for posting them.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What a beautiful stuff, great conditioned and of course RARE.
    Good job my friend

Great stuff as usual Ger. It’s not coincidence how really well made items withstand the rigors of time so well.

All are nice, but my fave is the unmarked Backhaus Bowie. That`s a beauty IMO.

?

Quote by bittaker View Post
    All are nice, but my fave is the unmarked Backhaus Bowie. That`s a beauty IMO.
    Well they all have charms of their own, i dont have a favorite, normally its the one that just dropped on my doorstep

Ger