Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

20 Reichsmark

Article about: Hi, can you help me to identify if this banknote is original thanks

Default 20 Reichsmark

Hi, can you help me to identify if this banknote is original thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20 Reichsmark   20 Reichsmark  

20 Reichsmark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 20 Reichsmark
    P
    Many

?

Looks good compared to this site..

20 Reichsmark (Reichsbanknote) - Germany - 1871-1948 – Numista
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20 Reichsmark   20 Reichsmark  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

They look good to me. I had a drawer full of them at one time. I think that their collector's value is such that making counterfeits now would be a waste of time. But what di I know, only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men. Dwight

This is not a Reichsmark note as issued within Germany, but rather a note issued in occupied territories in the east. They're very common and, as far as I know, not faked at all. They existed in multiple denominations, all of which feature the 'Reichskreditkassen' descriptor beneath the value. The 20 Reichsmark note issued within Germany itself featured a different design with a young woman holding an edelweiss, and a prominent swastika behind the lettering.

A nice authentic occupation note.

Regards, B.B.

Hi, thank you so much for the detailed explanation. Is there a way, to know from which country based on the serial number in red?

Quote by Markus87 View Post
    Hi, thank you so much for the detailed explanation. Is there a way, to know from which country based on the serial number in red?
    They weren't issued in a specific country, as far as I know, but were circulated alongside the local currency in various occupied territories. The serial number would only tell you when the note was printed, if the relevant information is available somewhere.

B.B.