Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Adolf Hitler's signature, opinions needed

Article about: It also looks like that someone had another piece of paper on top of that page writing on it because you can see what looks to be outlines of a pen being pressed down on it and than the sign

Perhaps this will help remove the scales from your eyes, it's from a review of the album at Amazon books.

"This is the famed cigarette-card book put out by the Altonia Tobacco Company in Bahrenfeld. This is the one that so many people when acquiring one think it to be Hitler's personal album of photos. During the 1930s cigarette packages had a coupon inside and you would send in so many coupons and you would receive a packet of pictures in the mail that you would then paste into an album that you could have purchased for only 5 marks from the company. When you had all the packets this would complete this beautiful book and would be the pride of a patriotic household. Later, it was discontinued as the Third Reich and Hitler disapproved of smoking or the use of tobacco. The title refers to Adolf Hitler Pictures from the Life of the Leader. The black-and-white pictures throughout were taken by the personal photographer of Hitler, Herr Heinrich Hoffmann. The book was produced in the millions."

I hope this clarifies the matter a little.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler's signature, opinions needed
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    Perhaps this will help remove the scales from your eyes, it's from a review of the album at Amazon books.

"This is the famed cigarette-card book put out by the Altonia Tobacco Company in Bahrenfeld. This is the one that so many people when acquiring one think it to be Hitler's personal album of photos. During the 1930s cigarette packages had a coupon inside and you would send in so many coupons and you would receive a packet of pictures in the mail that you would then paste into an album that you could have purchased for only 5 marks from the company. When you had all the packets this would complete this beautiful book and would be the pride of a patriotic household. Later, it was discontinued as the Third Reich and Hitler disapproved of smoking or the use of tobacco. The title refers to Adolf Hitler Pictures from the Life of the Leader. The black-and-white pictures throughout were taken by the personal photographer of Hitler, Herr Heinrich Hoffmann. The book was produced in the millions."

I hope this clarifies the matter a little.

Regards, Ned.
    My apologies, now i understand what you mean.

Anyway, I am not even gonna go see it.

Thank you all for the replies

?

100% NOT genuine. Basically, somebody has ruined an otherwise fine original piece by adding a terrible scribble and attempting to pass it off as one of the variants of Hitler's signature. The learned members above have already passed on sound advice - leave this well alone.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3