Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

AH autograph

Article about: So I found an autograph postcard of AH for sale. Currently doing the layaway plan with Griffin military for it. I’m pretty confident with them that it’s legit but I figure it’s always

Default AH autograph

So I found an autograph postcard of AH for sale. Currently doing the layaway plan with Griffin military for it. I’m pretty confident with them that it’s legit but I figure it’s always good to get a second opinion specially with the money I’m paying and I know it’s hard to tell just by looking at pictures on the Internet. But how does it look? Any advice or input would be most appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AH autograph   AH autograph  

AH autograph  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AH autograph
    P
    Many

?

Hello,

I will give you give you some advice for a thorough inspection of the postcard once you get it in hand. I would say it looks pretty respectable from the images, I see many similarities with his signature in the late thirties. It won’t be definite until in hand as it could be a facsimile or autopen.

Once in hand, each letter in the signature should be closely compared under magnification with a known original. The next step may be more difficult as it is on a postcard which is thicker but it still should work. Hold it up to a light source, varying amounts of applied pressure and ink would likely be noticeable. The amount of applied pressure and ink will never be the same throughout a handwritten piece. The auto pen can be very common for famous people or those who sign many documents. The autopen will begin and end abruptly with a dot of ink when the pen is pressed downwards or pulled up. Throughout the signature there can also be unnaturally straight lines or inevitable mechanical wobble from the machine. There is a chance the signature could be stamped. The ink of a stamped signature will be pushed outwards leaving edges with more ink than interior portions.
    I would feel confident with this example if these aspects all check out.

Ben

Hey man thanks for the response. I wont be getting the autograph for another month or so then ill be able to tale a closer look. And check for the things you mentioned. Theres also a guy close to me near boston, kenneth rendell whos an expert in autograph authentication so i might schedule something with him when i get it.