Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Autograph: AH, price point ?

Article about: Hey y'all Not sure if this is right place to post this but anywho... Quick question. On the fence about saving up for this.. one of my bucket list items to get in the 3R. How much does Hitle

Default Autograph: AH, price point ?

Hey y'all

Not sure if this is right place to post this but anywho...

Quick question. On the fence about saving up for this.. one of my bucket list items to get in the 3R.
    How much does Hitler's autograph goes for these days? On average..
    I can see they are all over the place.
    Not ready anytime soon but was thinking about saving up for one.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Autograph: AH, price point ?
    P
    Many

?

Don't know it’s authenticity, on emedals this one was sold at 4,700 USD.Autograph: AH, price point ?

?

And this one, 1,250 USD same at emedals. Anther one I posted recently, also from emedals bidding, was sold at hundreds of dollars only. The prices really varies a lot, but I cannot believe a genuine one in AH’s handwriting only costs a few hundred bucks. I am a green hand, please wait and listen to the comments from the experts here.

Last edited by BlitzC; 07-21-2023 at 03:01 PM.

The larger document was presented to a 1936 Berlin Olympic Champion...
    The postcard is wartime produced, so I have some misgivings as to the signature's authenticity...

Quote by BlitzC View Post
    And this one, 1,250 USD same at emedals. Anther one I posted recently, also from emedals bidding, was sold at hundreds of dollars only. The prices really varies a lot, but I cannot believe a genuine one in AH’s handwriting only costs a few hundred bucks. I am a green hand, please wait and listen to the comments from the experts here.

Yup... As I stated in my post, the prices for these vary quite a bit. I've seen griffin militaria (one of our sponsors) sold one not long ago for lil over a thousand bucks. In contrast, I've seen some on emedals months back for thousands just like the one you shared.

I'm sure some are autopens too..

?

I take the collection of paper, photos and signatures as the most difficult part in WW2 relics. It is too easy to make a fake with modern measures. I guess most of them are facsimile or auto pen writing, instead of real handwriting. Also, it is hard to figure out the price range for these items.

Still, sometimes something is attractive, such as the ongoing photo bids on Wittmann, Guderian, even one Göring. Need cool down to have my hand back off the Place Bid button.

Hitler's Signature has been studied at length and changed -One could say it "deteriorated" along with the fortunes of his war-...Research is essential in this Field before buying...

Glenn is spot on.

Here is a visual guide showing examples of his signature and the dates they were signed.

King regards,

Will.

Sheesh.. his autograph in the end looks like crap. Well makes sense... The end was near and he knew it. Even if he was hoping for a miracle.

But def. I would love to have his autograph.. still my bucket list of items.. I did find an auto pen example of Hitler sent to a neighbor in obersalzburg wishing him happy bday. It's reasonably priced considering it comes with other letters.. plus a trusted dealer is selling it. But it is an autopens example.. I wonder who typed these up.. probably his secretary with his consent.

I also heard collecting Hitler's autograph is dangerous... Lotta fakes

Any experts who collect Hitler's autograph have any thoughts?

?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Glenn is spot on.

Here is a visual guide showing examples of his signature and the dates they were signed.

King regards,

Will.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. Comparatively, I prefer the 1929 and 1937