Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Copy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid

Article about: Hi all, I’m just getting started in collecting militaria and have only recently joined this forum. I’ll probably end up focusing more on Soviet and DDR as the WWII German area seems a bi

Default Copy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid

Hi all,

I’m just getting started in collecting militaria and have only recently joined this forum. I’ll probably end up focusing more on Soviet and DDR as the WWII German area seems a bit too pricey for my budget, but I do have a copy of Mein Kampf that my grandfather, a Lieutenant Colonel in the Royal Engineers, brought back from Kiel. This copy was owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid. According to Wikipedia, he was the police chief in Kiel and was responsible for ordering the Kristallnacht pogram there. He joined the volunteer reserves with the rank of Leutnant and was killed in Poland in 1939. His signature is dated to the 25-26 May, 1935 Nordmark Treffen SA meeting in Kiel. Unfortunately the book has some damage with a cover that is coming loose and the portrait page is almost detached. I know there are quite a few copies of this edition of Mein Kampf floating about, but I figure the original owner of my copy adds some interest.

Cheers,

Gavin

Copy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-QuaidCopy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-QuaidCopy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-QuaidCopy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-QuaidCopy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Copy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid
    P
    Many

The stamps indicate that it was Property of the SA Leadership School...The page with the signature commemorating the 1935 SA Nordmark Rally has been inserted into the book...

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    The stamps indicate that it was Property of the SA Leadership School...The page with the signature commemorating the 1935 SA Nordmark Rally has been inserted into the book...
    Addition: It was even signed by Gruppenfuhrer SA Gruppe Nordmark Meyer-Quade himself! Very nice!

Incidentally, I do not believe that the book belonged to Meyer-Quade personally, but that it was a gift for a participant in this SA Nordmark Rally.

Hi there.

Thank you for sharing this with us, it is great to have such an item directly from a family member.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hi, thanks all for the info! I had always naively assumed it was Meyer-Quade’s personal copy. A slight disappointment but a nice piece to have gotten from my grandfather. I have a grand admiral’s flag he brought back too which I’ll post soon.

Very nice piece of family history which you need to document and keep with this book. Copies of Mein Kampf are not that cheap, so your collection has a good start. Other items will come in time, the chase is half the fun. Happy collecting and welcome along.

Hi, thanks I will definitely document this. And looking forward to getting deeper into the hobby!

Poster and tinnie of the event …
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Copy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid   Copy of Mein Kampf owned by SA Gruppenfurher Joachim Meyer-Quaid