Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Death notice of a German soldier

Article about: Hello! I got hold of a document notifying the family of a soldier about his death, I tried to find out more about it on the Internet. The only thing I managed to find out about the soldier w

?

Thanks, Will. Peeloo

- - ------- - -

Help for the information in the picture:
    Row 1: Family name, First name
    Row 2: Profession
    Line 3: date of birth, LND letter
    4th row: home? in 1939
    5th row: rank, additional letter for field postal code
    Line 6: location and time of the last message

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Death notice of a German soldier
    P
    Many

Quote by Witt View Post
    There is a Volksbund entry for Friedrich Dolz but no casualty card posted for him. As the first document states, he was born 15 May 1914 in Insmingen (Insming, France). He fell as a Leutnant near Marino on 12 July 1943. His remains/location has not been found yet for reinterment.

We know he was in Grenadier Regiment 512 but not the kompanie. On the same day there were casualties from 11. and 13. kompanie as well as the stab. That week others from 1.,7., and Stab I. fell in the same location. None of these men were from the same recruiting district as Friedrich would have passed through.
    No casualty card presumably because he was/is still listed as missing - a field grave (if he was fortunate to be given one is not yet located).

?

Hello BlackCat1982, yes you may be right. Thanks.

?

Smile News

Hello fellow collectors. I started this thread and asked for help regarding the lieutenant in the letters, if anyone can help and I can see who I actually bought documents about on an auction site. I also bought his father's Wehrpassa, so I had a photo of him. Unfortunately, I missed his other son's soldier book, I'm really sorry. I first came across the photo I published here on the search page of the Red Cross, which you could have seen previously.

But now comes the point. It is customary to say: No, I can't believe this! On the auction site where I bought the mentioned documents, 2 months (!) after my purchase, they offered 3 photos and the soldier I was looking for was on them! The photo of the soldier was given to the Red Cross from one of the pictures! The other photo is a group photo, on the back is the inscription: "Fahrer der 4. Maschnien Gewehr kompanie. Villingen August 1935". Isn't that great, now I can see who I was looking for so much in original photos. Check them out, I managed to get them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Death notice of a German soldier  
    Attached Images Attached Images Death notice of a German soldier  Death notice of a German soldier 

That was indeed very lucky Peeloo. Sad that the group was split but at least they come to you as a guardian who can appreciate them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2