Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

EK Award document from concentration camp commander???

Article about: Hello agian, a friend asked me about this award document and i've never seen anything like it. It seems to have been awarded to a man in a polizei battalion from a concentration camp command

?

Default EK Award document from concentration camp commander???

Hello agian, a friend asked me about this award document and i've never seen anything like it. It seems to have been awarded to a man in a polizei battalion from a concentration camp commander? It looks fishy overall.

Would like your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!

EK Award document from concentration camp commander???EK Award document from concentration camp commander???EK Award document from concentration camp commander???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK Award document from concentration camp commander???
    P
    Many

Hi Sensei,

I don’t like the stamp, to me it looks typical of the kind on repro/fake documents and there is no authorising signature.

Here is some information on Res.pol.btl.83

Polizei-Bataillon 83
    Polizei

83.RES.POL.BATL - Einheiten der Polizei und des SD - Forum der Wehrmacht

Plus by the date on the document, the camp had been shut down.

- In the face of the quickly advancing offensive of the Red Army, preparations for liquidation begun at the camp. In March 1944, the Concentration Camps Inspectorate ordered the evacuation of KL Lublin
    - The final liquidation of the camp took place on July 22, 1944. A column of 800 prisoners was marched out of Majdanek

Liquidation of the camp

Nothing but a fake. Unit designation is wrong, stamp is awful, lack of signature hints at the faker not having a clue who should be signing it, framed to prevent a proper inspection and why would anyone in a KZ be awarded a combat award in 1943?

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Nothing but a fake. Unit designation is wrong, stamp is awful, lack of signature hints at the faker not having a clue who should be signing it, framed to prevent a proper inspection and why would anyone in a KZ be awarded a combat award in 1943?
    My thoughts exactly!

My eyes are getting worse, I read the date on the document as 4th May 1945 🙄

Sorry about that Sensei.

?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    My eyes are getting worse, I read the date on the document as 4th May 1945 ������

Sorry about that Sensei.
    No problem. The thing that matters is that we know it's a fake i guess

?

gotta be ever vigilant!