Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Election poster Nur Hitler

Article about: Hi Guys, I've got this election poster today. Seeing it's state it's in, it will probably be an reproduction.. But I must ask the paper had some texture to it. It also has some foxing, so th

?

Default Election poster Nur Hitler

Hi Guys, I've got this election poster today. Seeing it's state it's in, it will probably be an reproduction.. But I must ask the paper had some texture to it. It also has some foxing, so there is a little bit of age to it.. Are original ones always marked? Could anyone tell me more ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Election poster Nur Hitler
    P
    Many

?

Please upload a picture so we can see it

Quote by Deges View Post
    Hi Guys, I've got this election poster today. Seeing it's state it's in, it will probably be an reproduction.. But I must ask the paper had some texture to it. It also has some foxing, so there is a little bit of age to it.. Are original ones always marked? Could anyone tell me more ?
    Hi there.

Here is a handy guide on how to upload your photos -

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Kind regards,

Will.

?

I was planning to add some pictures. And I followed the steps. But I don't have any options to upload them. Is this because I'm on my phone or don't have access?

Thx

Hi there.

To be honest I have never posted from a mobile/cell phone, but the steps should be the same in the link I posted.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Default Photos

Quote by Deges View Post
    Ive added some pictures. It was not possible to upload them with my mobile phone..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Election poster Nur Hitler   Election poster Nur Hitler  

Election poster Nur Hitler  
    Attached Images Attached Images Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler  Election poster Nur Hitler 

?

Hello,

There are some minor condition issues with this poster. I do no not like how vibrant the colors are like how the white is still bright with little discoloration. It may have been stored very well however. I am sure the reverse of this poster can be tested with ultraviolet light in the same manner as is done with photographs. The IWM has written that it is a lithograph on paper measuring 1195mm x 845mm. I have seen a few others online in varying, smaller sizes that were all around 700mm x 500mm.
    As this was a mass produced poster from the artist’s original lithograph, this will be an offset lithograph. It should show the screen pattern of the photomechanical process under magnification.
    Not sure on the authenticity of this poster.

?

Thank you sir!

Deges

It does seem very vivid and could only be this way if stored in an air proof method for the last 80 years. My little poster from the period is in wonderful condition but the white areas of paper have yellowed over time considerably compared to your example. Paper absorbs air and the impurities in it. Better, closeup photos of the poster may also help.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE