Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Luftwaffe complex in Königsberg in 1944?

Article about: Hello, Was there a large Luftwaffe base or HQ located in Königsberg? Were any of it's allies also stationed or had representatives located in Königsberg? say Italian, Romanian or Hungarian a

So it is strange that he remained there after August...8)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Luftwaffe complex in Königsberg in 1944?
    P
    Many

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    So it is strange that he remained there after August...8)
    Very strange. I would imagine there was quite a lot of bitterness at what was seen as a betrayal which cost a lot of German lives.

Sure thing. But he left just before the siege of the city and ended up in Rome, only to be deported, most likely, back to Romania in November of 1945...

Radesix
    ?

There is another airfield in Baltiysk, Kaliningrad which housed Luftwaffe planes called Pillau-Neutif. I just visited it the other day. You can find more info on it here: Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Russia - Kaliningrad

Radesix
    ?

Also, Koenigsberg/Kaliningrad was home to a bigwig in the Luftwaffe and Luftwaffe pilots were often sent to Koenigsberg for rest and relaxation. My wife's family lives in Kalingrad and I've been visiting here for the past two weeks and have been steeped in some interesting history about the Luftwaffe here.

Tnx allot u all 8)

Lots of great information provided in those links, thank you gentlemen!
    Among my oddities I've got this tool-tag from Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur Kolberg/Werft...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Luftwaffe complex in Königsberg in 1944?   German Luftwaffe complex in Königsberg in 1944?  

Very nice item indeed! first time for me! thanks for sharing it here Glenn.

I will revive this topic. This Romanian document has nothing to do with Konigsberg in East Prussia, which is now called Kaliningrad (Russia). I live in this city.

Look carefully at this document. It talks about another Konigsberg - Konigsberg Nm (Neumark) !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2