Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Paperwork File

Article about: Gents, Something I have not seen before but think it is interesting. It is what I think is a file put together after the war on Otto Potzus. Inside the file are numerous documents keep durin

Here are the next couple of pages. I would have to take apart to get better full page pictures. If you think it would help let me know.
    Thanks for helping out!
    German Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork File

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Paperwork File
    P
    Many

Looks like some sort of a medical examination sheet.

Hi Lonewolf.

The page numbers correspond to the contents sheet. So it would be good if you can include these in your photos.

German Paperwork File
    German Paperwork File

BC is right too, Untersuchtungsblatt = examination sheet.

Podzus ist auf Anordnung des Kommando am 26.5.43 um 8 Uhr zur San. Stelle bestellt (Podzus was summoned to the medical center at 8 a.m. on 26.5.43 by order of the command)

The third photo down you posted shows he was awarded the Frontkämpferehrenkreuz which was a WW1 award and his WW1 unit can be seen at the bottom of page 1.

Kind regards,

Will.

Will, i am going to take the file a part to get better pictures. I think there is one page about him losing his soldier's book.
    Thanks

Item number 14 is intriguing.

I can't wait to get to 14 and see if there is something interesting in it! Here are some more of the pages.

German Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork FileGerman Paperwork File

What is the provenance of these files? Looks to me like they've been stolen from an archive.

There is nothing to say stolen from an archive that I can see. Certainly nothing that has ever been reported on any forums I am aware of.

I think it's equally possible to have been rescued from a skip or more likely just disposed of through dealers/salvagers who have networks to filter specific items off into specific directions.

I have seen items like this pop up on sale at places like Weitze military antiques and antique books over the years (not these exact ones). I looked today and there are no current examples to compare to.

Any dealer that moves in photo/paper group kinds of circles is potentially a seller of paper work groups such as those above.

There were obviously cases in the past of archive files being stolen for SS signatures and awards and so on but these are not at that kind of level personality wise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2