Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Photo Albums

Article about: Hello, I have 5 Heer photo albums and 1 HJ one, does anybody know more about this specific style of album? They seem to be personal copies that were given out at a smaller unit level, given

Default German Photo Albums

Hello, I have 5 Heer photo albums and 1 HJ one, does anybody know more about this specific style of album? They seem to be personal copies that were given out at a smaller unit level, given the few reoccurring faces, but I don't know where to begin to find more info on these. I've seen a whole load of stripped ones online, ebay seems to have a lot, but haven't found many with photos intact (all of these have at least some left). They're all marked on the front except for one which seems to be armoured infantry iirc, and the HJ in the far bottom left with the different pattern. I can send the inside photos/individual outside pics if anybody wants, there's some fun ones of Fasching and trainings.
    German Photo Albums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Photo Albums
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

These albums were purchased by the individual soldiers who then would add their own photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Antonio.

Unfortunately people will often strip albums and sell individual photos for profit (also destroying the history and context of the album), which would explain why you see so many stripped or empty examples.

Can you post photos of the top album (9./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 100) in a new thread please.

Kind regards,

Will.

I like photo albums as well and I have a few of them...I'll echo what was said by Will, it is a bit depressing to find these albums on e-bay and elsewhere stripped of all of their pictures with only the captions left behind....mine will never meet that fate

Yeah I like them also... here are some Luftwaffe examples....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Photo Albums  

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    These albums were purchased by the individual soldiers who then would add their own photos.
    To expand on Michael's great reply: The unit marked albums were available for purchase in the canteen on base or through the local photo shop in the town in which the units were garrisoned. That's why we see such specific unit designations even down to the company level. As Michael posted, they would come empty for the soldier to add his own snapshots. Sometimes they came with the first few pages pre-ornamented with inscriptions by/about the Army high command and photos of von Blomberg or Fritsch or even Adolf and then the rest of the album would be empty for the soldier's use.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    To expand on Michael's great reply:.
    You patronizing me LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    You patronizing me LoL
    I would never!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

wohaou !!! superb lot