MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German soldier photos in uniform questions

Article about: Hi! I'm a new member to the forum so if I don't get things right please let me know. I've been an antiques dealer for a couple of decades now. My husband who passed in December was an expert

Default German soldier photos in uniform questions

Hi! I'm a new member to the forum so if I don't get things right please let me know. I've been an antiques dealer for a couple of decades now. My husband who passed in December was an expert in US militaria so when I see military stuff I tend to buy it even if I don't know anything compared to what he did. I had the opportunity to buy these 14 photos of what I think are German WW2 soldiers in uniform. I think they are all Luftwaffe also. Are any of these unusual or different than what is common or are they all "run of the mill", easily found? Thank you for any help you can give!

Cheryl Webber
    Washington State

German soldier photos in uniform questions German soldier photos in uniform questions German soldier photos in uniform questions German soldier photos in uniform questions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German soldier photos in uniform questions
    P
    Many

A nice selection of photos!

It appears you have examples of both Luftwaffe 'Airforce' and Wehrmacht 'Army' uniformed soldiers. From what I can tell none of these seem to be too unusual. Uniformed solider portraits such as these are among the most common German WWII photos you can encounter. But that doesn't take away from the fact that they have a good deal of historical significance. If any of the photos have interesting stamps or writing on the back, that could also add to their desirability some.

The Wehrmacht solider pictured under what appears to be a horse shoe has caught my attention though. I have never seen one like that before.

Thank you so much! The one with the horseshoe is the only one in the group that's actually a photo of a photo. It's still old but it's not an original. Could you tell me which ones are Army? I thought I had the emblems worked out so must have messed up some of them! Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
    My suggestion would be to save them in a larger format and post them separately, not necessarily a thread for each, but a post for each.
    That way, we will be able to see more details. Also, it will be less confusing when members post information.
    There may be some interesting insignia, although I don't see to many wearing awards.
    Ralph.

I will also move your thread to the photos section of the forum.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

As a very quick and not very technically accurate and more layman's descriptive guide to help while we wait for larger photos.

Heer (Army) breast and cap eagles will have wings that are straight across.

Luftwaffe breast and cap eagles will have wings the mimic a bird in flight (i.e curved)

The only Luftwaffe photos are #2, #11 and #13. The rest being Heer

And as Jarret said. While these are common, they are not historical.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you so much for the info. Now I know how to tell the difference between the Air Force & Army! I'm going to post a closer image of each one and there are 4 that have interesting backs. I'll add those with the fronts.

German soldier photos in uniform questions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast