Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

A Guide to Collecting Mein Kampf

Article about: This thread is intended to be a collector’s guide to buying various editions of Mein Kampf. The book’s publishing history is confusing, so you will probably see something in here with which

?

It is quite possible he has good, justifiable reason for not citing, but as a former attorney it did somewhat bother me. But his work is still good. I also have Pastore's bilingual edition. It weighs about a hundred pounds and sleeps by the door LOL. Anyway, love this thread, even though cannot afford most of the books I see, can still enjoy them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Guide to Collecting Mein Kampf
    P
    Many

?

Question: Why do folks as such rediculous prices for Reynal and Hitchcock English translations, when they seem to be the most common ones out there? I bought my first such copy at a library sale in 1969 for 10 cents. But all I see on ebay is Reynal and Hitchcock with rediculous prices?

Here is a nice "wedding" copy that was presented to my maternal grandfather on his second marriage. His first wife(my grandmother) died of TB in 1940.

JMM
    ?

Beautifuly preserved copy. And this one is from your own family, therefore filed with history. Thanks for sharing it.
    Last edited by JMM; 07-27-2021 at 08:14 PM.

What a great family heirloom to have. Thanks for posting it. Dwight

Default Undated Mein Kampf

Looks to be the people's version but it isn’t dated. It’s the later font. Any ideas of the date? It’s not in the best condition but appears to be complete.

Geoffwolfe; based on the number sold, 10, 140, 000 on the publisher's page of your copy, plus the presence of the Reichsadler, and the Antigua font, it is a 1944 edition, one of the last printed before the war end and the Reich collapsed. The writing on the page is dated 31 March in Augsburg, Germany. Even in poor shape, it's a rare edition to have. Dwight

Thanks Dwight for the info! I put it on eBay because I don’t collect this type of content, but it got swiftly rejected for being offensive content (ridiculous considering other NAZI items on there). I’m not looking to make money, I just like salvaging historical items. If you know of a good home for it, please let me know.

Kstim: That's a good question for which I have no answer. Personally, I buy only the original German-language editions. Dwight

Very informative and interesting thread, thanks for all this. I didn't plan to intervene, but I just came across this edition I never saw before, and that I didn't see above either. So I'll take the liberty to post it here. It's obviously from a LW "field library".

Attachment 1533234

Attachment 1533235

Attachment 1533236

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast