Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe Unit

Article about: Most recently an acquired a small “ named” Grouping from the daughter of Luftwaffe Obergrefeiter Otto Frantz Seitz. Along with his photo, and photos of his father and brother ( unknown f

?

Default Help identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe Unit

Most recently an acquired a small “ named” Grouping from the daughter of Luftwaffe Obergrefeiter Otto Frantz Seitz. Along with his photo, and photos of his father and brother ( unknown first name, died in a POW camp in Ukraine), his Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse ( Obergrefeiter Seitz written on the envelope) a belt buckle , and his copy of a Mein Kampf “Wedding Edition” dedicated to Seitz.
    From Seitz’s photo, it appears to be an unknown Luftwaffe Branch or unit. If at All possible, I would like to get some help Identifying Seitz’s unit and Branch of the Luftwaffe and any other info about him. From what I believe, Seitz may have survived the war and his daughter really did not know him.
    If anyone has any access to records, that may shed some light on Seitz, it would be greatly appreciated.

Help identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe UnitHelp identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe UnitHelp identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe UnitHelp identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe UnitHelp identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe UnitHelp identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe UnitHelp identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe Unit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify Obergrefeiter‘s Luftwaffe Unit
    P
    Many

Hi there.

It is a nice group, thank you for posting it. Unfortunately it would be impossible to find out any information about Otto with what we have. We would need more information like a date of birth, place of birth, but there would be no way of finding any military record unless you were related to him.

Kind regards,

Will.

Nice Grouping - That early SA Buckle with the Stationary Swastika is a desirable Variant seldom encountered...
    I see no clues here as to his unit - hopefully, someone else can help you out with that...
    Well done and Congratulations...!

?

Thanks for the quick replies.
    Yes. I was afraid of that. Also too bad that the colors on the litzen and shoulder boards photo are in black and white. I was wondering if it could be determined if Seitz may have been with a flak unit. Air troops, flight crew etc.
    I may be able to find a DOB. But according with the Mein Kampf, the wedding was in Baden Baden January 5,1944.
    But thanks for your posts!

?

He wears no Kragenspiegeln, with the Schwingen mounted directly to the collar points; this was a common practice among field division personnel - for obvious camouflage reasons.