Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen

Article about: I need help with opinions, thoughts and reflextions about this material: This document is a chronicle (war memoirs) after SS Sturmbahnführer Martin Braune, supreme command of a heavy anti-ai

Default Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen

I need help with opinions, thoughts and reflextions about this material:

This document is a chronicle (war memoirs) after SS Sturmbahnführer Martin Braune, supreme command of a heavy anti-aircraft artillery regiment "SS-Flak Abteilung 17 of the SS-Division Götz von Berlichingen.

Document collection is not original, but what I think is Braunes own backups, or simply a kind of self-edition of what he once wrote. There is no doubt that the papers are old and my impression and feeling when I see them is that this is not published or copied. At least not to any great edition. I exclude more or less entirely to this draft would be false or collect reproduktion for several reasons: the seller that I have references to claims that he bought the documents directly from the family. Copies are old photocopies that smells quite strongly of moisture after years in an attic or in storage. Moreover, so great care was taken to work with maps, folds, pasted the pictures and some corrections made in ink in the margin. Therefore, it makes me think this might be a working copy of such proof reading or as I wrote above, a kind of work or backup. The pages are now loose, but has small holes after sitting bound in an old gray folder that I have. I have all parts of the old home-made book.

Presumably, Martin Braun wrote his chronicle as a draft for a book. The material is comprehensive and consists of just over 80 typed pages, which I think could be equivalent to secure the double in published book form because this is about A4 at small font sizes. All have been written on the same machine, which shows the types of individual appearances. There is a table of contents for a total of eight chapters and a preface written by the author himself, in which he talks about how the SS Division occurred during the great war drama. Furthermore, there are 6-7 self-drawn maps and schedules, and an outer surface and some sort of small banner in the paper. Although all the material is self-drawn and then photocopies. There are also copies of various letters to "Kameradschaftsbund" Flak "in der HIAG" and to Waffengemeinschaft Flak in der Hiag + a number of different lists with lots of statistical details from what I assume is the SS-unit; names, feldpostnumbers, departments etc.

Martin Braun himself was born March 6, 1910 in Magdeburg and died of a stroke April 28, 1967, only 57 years old. Googled it, there's a part written for him, however, most of different discussion forum. If I understand correctly, he awarded the Knight's Cross, but the turbulent final stages of the war came between them as a "scandal" - now hovers I'm very, took never what it was about - that apparently discussed a lot even after the war. Interestingly, however, is that after the war he became police chief in the island Sylt, there's a different old SS-known sat as Mayor: Heinz Reinefarth, also known as Warsaw's executioner.

Interesting questions raised by this material is, first, how one should imagine that? Now I have no comprehensive line survey in terms of what is available on Martin Braune, but nowhere could I find any indication that he would have published a book or printed his column. However, mentions a diary and a painting of one of the forums. Somewhere it must surely be the original, and the interest in such a comprehensive and well-done story, even in the publishing world, ought at least to be so big that you should find something on it somewhere if there were? And what exactly do I have? The original, it's not yet any kind of half-original. It is a self-made book of photocopies from the original and most certainly by the author himself. Is not the original left and no other copies, which is my remains truly unique. Have I missed something and this is only one copy of many, then it is not so unique. However, it argues, the person who sold the folder to me that Martin Braune died before his draft could be a book.

Forum Link which, discuss among Martin Braune and his own son mention what I think is this book and that his mother had lost it or gave it away after the death of MB. Conclusion: this book has disappeared.

Forum der Wehrmacht | Druckvorschau: SS Pz.Gren.Ausb. und Ers. Btl.9 | Seite 4

Regarding my chronicle-text, I have many threads out there right now to investigate more what this is about. It is Martin Braun's own text with a foreword by author:

1st It is well made and "hand made". Located a little school work over the - professional and amateur at the same time if you know what I mean. There is no mass-produced with it without any self-copied and very nicely handled, weight, etc. He has not had any help in publishing this work.

2nd The copy is not complete, i.e. it was never finished. It looks at the number of images (photos and maps) have not pasted. Some are, but more fields in the collection is empty with captions that describe what should be there. In other words, never got this working copy or whatever it may be finished, so I am pretty sure it is not circulated.

3rd The pages are not read by many. They are nice and not read. However, there are handwritten notes, which makes me think it could be a proof ex, working copy or backup.

4th My contact says that he knows that the Chronicle never did finish before he died, which further suggests that it does not circulate an unfinished copy. Probably it was written for HIAG - friend club with about 70 000 members, but they could never take part of it. If the original is, it is strange that it is not known. He who sits on its copyright until it expires, then it is mine. Studies by rules of the publishing field in this particular regard, for it is well-EU law there now.

I believe this, although it is not his hand-written stuff, is very unique and hopefully does not exist anymore, or original is tucked away somewhere for a long time. My research aims to see if anyone heard of these. If they were issued by a publisher so you can find the task. Is it circulated among friends, it is however a different matter.

Regarding price, it is impossible to determine in the current situation. Everything depends on whether this is the only specimen, if it allows for reproduction / printing in the future, etc. A very exciting, unique and different documents, however! I have never heard of anything like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen   Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen  

Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen   Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen  

Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen   Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen

Possibly these pages could of bean used to Form part of a Veterans Association Book/Account of the War (?) Most of these Groups had small self Publications distributed with in the group of Vets. From the Typed text, would say these were most likely Compiled after the war Paper looks thicker while leaving plenty of wasted space on the Pages. Pages Ive seen which Capture personal accounts During the War are on Thinner Paper and Utilise the full page.

Default Re: Help with opinions of chronicle of SS Martin Braune at SS-Flak abt. 17 Götz von Berlichingen

Thanks for your opinion. I'm pretty sure it's written postwar, probably as you say to be distributed via HIAG to groups of Vets. Papers are quite exclusive, water stamped and carfully chosen.

pimmi
    ?

Hello,

do you sell the Martin Braune material and if so, what will it cost ?