MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Rally Photo

Article about: Hello, photo experts. I picked this up in an antique shop today. I thought it was a neat photo, but it's more like a card (5 inch x 7 inch). The pic on one side, and a description on the oth

Default Hitler Rally Photo

Hello, photo experts. I picked this up in an antique shop today. I thought it was a neat photo, but it's more like a card (5 inch x 7 inch). The pic on one side, and a description on the other side. Any information that can be provided, or translation would be fantastic. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Rally Photo   Hitler Rally Photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Rally Photo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Rally Photo

Is it on card stock or paper? It looks like a cigarette album offering. Dwight

Thanks for the reply! It is on paper. It looked like it was one in a set, but I didn't buy the others yet because I didn't have enough cash for all. I thought it was kind of a big size for a cigarette card, but I might be wrong.

it is a cigarette card. this particular one goes into an album entitled "Deutschland Erwacht".

Hitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally Photo
    Quote by tempelhof View Post
    it is a cigarette card. this particular one goes into an album entitled "Deutschland Erwacht".
    As my colleague notes:

Very cool! I didn't know that. I bought it because I don't have any pics of hitler in my collection, and I liked that it had the Mercedes and SS (SS man to hitlers left, correct?). How much do these usually go for individually, he has a few more, three more I think. Thanks for the information!

Hitler Rally PhotoHere is the SS man's cap.

Nice, should have known you would have one, probably several

Hitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoThanks. I have more than one. I even have one similar to that on Julius Schreck's (Hitler's driver) noggin. But I also own several copies of the picture book, too. It is a common one, but no less interesting as an object.

Hitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoHitler Rally PhotoI would say that as a nine year old, this book was an object of great interest to me. A close friend's father had found such a thing in Bavaria as part of the U.S. Army in 1945, and as a wee tyke I peered at these images in great wonderment. The book was in bad shape, of course, and kept in a special place...but it was a real marvel to me as a child.
    Such was the intention of its creators in the Fa. Heinrich Hoffman, who merchandized images of Hitler to the far thee well on a here to fore unknown scale in Germany of the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast