Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated

Article about: Hi all, Took a chance this week in a signed Hoffmann postcard supposedly by Hitler. I asked Ratisbons auction and Garry King the autograph expert what they thought and both said they think i

Default Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated

Hi all,

Took a chance this week on a signed Hoffmann postcard supposedly by Hitler.

I asked Ratisbon’s auction and Garry King the autograph expert what they thought and both said they think it’s fake.

The dealer I bought it from is happy to refund me but I thought I’d better ask on here too before I return it; as there’s a wealth of knowledge.

In my opinion the ink seems old but the signature looks like a combination of early examples of Hitler’s signature and later examples of it.

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions I’d really appreciate hearing them for future reference please.

Many thanks

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated   Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated  

Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated   Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated  

Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated   Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated  

Last edited by 3rdreich; 02-03-2023 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Grammar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated
    P
    Many

That's 100% fake and a really bad one. I recommend Charles Hamilton's book "Leaders and personalities of the Third Reich vol. 1" or André Hüsken's "Autographen des Nationalsozialismus 1919-1945" vol 1 for good examples.

Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated

Thank you very much. I will definitely order both of the books you recommended.
    I’ve already informed the dealer that I’m returning it.
    Hopefully nobody else will end up purchasing it after I send it back.

Thanks again

Liam

I would agree it’s suspect, was there anything on the back of the photo?

It’s a Hoffmann postcard on the back. Please see below..
    I thought it may of been a combination of Hitler’s early signature and later version. Possibly a transition. Which is why I took a chance on it, before I got it checked out.
    The signature on the bottom of the screenshot is an early example of his signature and above is later in life..
    The ink seemed old so I thought it was either an old fake or possibly be legit..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated   Hitler signed Hoffmann postcard- Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated