Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying the decal on the helmet in this portrait foto

Article about: Hello all, I've recently returned to the hobby after a hiatus of around 5-6 years or so; sold off all I had at the time but I've lately been feeling the itch again. It's unfortunate that I r

?

Default Identifying the decal on the helmet in this portrait foto

Hello all,

I've recently returned to the hobby after a hiatus of around 5-6 years or so; sold off all I had at the time but I've lately been feeling the itch again.
    It's unfortunate that I return to the forums and come across some members whose posts I really enjoyed turn into 'In memoriam' members
    Time doesn't stop, I suppose.

Anyhow. Here's an interesting one for you. It's an image I have the opportunity of picking up of what I believe to be an SA scharfuhrer wearing an m16/17? Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been some years. The image is dated 1933 on the back.

Now the oddity I find with this boyish-looking character is not the fact that he seems to be wearing father's helmet but the decal; it's been puzzling me. It, at first glance, seems to by chance be a transitional helmet maybe? The decal -although seemingly not much more than a blur- would appear to be some kind of tri color but if it really was the tri color of a transitional helmet then the tri color is on the wrong side. And as we can tell by the uniform; the image is not mirrored in any way. The decal is really on the left side of his helmet.

I'm at a loss on this one. I'm hoping someone here could help me out!

Identifying the decal on the helmet in this portrait foto

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying the decal on the helmet in this portrait foto
    P
    Many

I would suppose its an Early National Tricolor used right after the Nazis came to power. I found this example: M16 Reichswehr Helmet

?

I believe you might be right about that. Thanks!