Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information regarding distant relative and member of the SS

Article about: Hello gentlemen. I'm doing some genealogy and I'm currently trying to find information regarding a distant relative. His namn was Georg Stumpf and from what I have learned he was an early me

Default Information regarding distant relative and member of the SS

Hello gentlemen.

I'm doing some genealogy and I'm currently trying to find information regarding a distant relative. His namn was Georg Stumpf and from what I have learned he was an early member of the SS and awarded the iron cross. Any aditional information would be of great interest. On the back of the photo are notes in swedish and translated it reads: "Georg Stumpf (2 unidentified letters), Karin Stumpf, later Landegren". I know there are an impressive amount of knowledge on this forum and I would really appreciate som help.

Best regards

//S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information regarding distant relative and member of the SS   Information regarding distant relative and member of the SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information regarding distant relative and member of the SS
    P
    Many

Judging by his cuff title it looks like he belonged to SS-Motoreinheiten. If you have his date of birth you can contact the Bundesarchiv to see if they have his records.

Thanks, that might be worth a try... Any idea about his rank? I can only se the numer "12" on his collar.

Looks like he is an SS-Mann in the 12.SS-Standarte (Niedersachsen) which had their HQ in Hannover. However my knowledge of the Allgemeine-SS isn't all that in-depth so the 12 might refer to the 12th SS-Kraftfahrstürme ((Bamberg, Schweinfurt, & Nürnberg) although I think it is the Standarte that it refers to. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chip in and add more details or confirm/correct what I have said.

If you have any further details such as a date of birth then contact the Bundesarchiv and see what they have. He is obviously a WW-1 veteran so they might be able to show his full military service history if they still have it.
    Bundesarchiv Internet - Personal Documents of Military Provenance until 1945

Thank you very much for your reply! The insignia and organisation of the Allgemeine SS is a bit of a riddle to me. I will definitely try to find out his DOB and make more inquieries. But "only" an SS-mann, despite all those awards?

The awards probably all relate to WW-1.

Wow, great website! I didn´t know about that site before, thanks. Still hard to identify which ones.

//S