Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte

Article about: This group came up in NZ last year and although this is not my area of collecting, I was compelled to obtain it because it is another one of those remarkable stories that we hear of from tim

?

Default "J" Reisepass & Kennkarte

This group came up in NZ last year and although this is not my area of collecting, I was compelled to obtain it because it is another one of those remarkable stories that we hear of from time to time.

This gentleman, with his wife and daughter, managed to get out of Germany on the 11th of May 1939.

The Reisepass for this man was issued on the 11th of March 1939, and a Visa obtained on the 13th of March in Berlin, for the UK and New Zealand.

The transit to NZ was via Amsterdam, Colombo and Freemantle, arriving in Auckland on the 1st of July, just 2 months before the start of the war.

As well as the Reisepass and Kennkarte, this group also contains this mans Birth and Marriage certificates, the permit to enter NZ listing his wife and daughter dated the 8th of February 1939, and also their Naturalisation Certificates with the Oath of Allegiance.

Further research found that he died at the age of 70 in 1974. His wife passed away at the age of 91 in 2005. I have no information on their daughter at this time.

One of those most fortunate of stories that needs to be preserved.

Regards

Russ

"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte"J" Reisepass & Kennkarte
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "J" Reisepass & Kennkarte   "J" Reisepass & Kennkarte  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "J" Reisepass & Kennkarte
    P
    Many

I like that they have crossed out the Nazi requirement to have the name 'Israel' added to all male names.