Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letter

Article about: Hi Guys, I wonder if I could ask your valued opinion on a recent acquisition ? It is marked AH,in the top left corner, & 'Kanzlei des Fuhrers NSDAP' , in the top right corner. It measure

Default Kanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letter

Hi Guys, I wonder if I could ask your valued opinion on a recent acquisition ? It is marked AH,in the top left corner, & 'Kanzlei des Fuhrers NSDAP' , in the top right corner. It measures 210mm in height & 195mm in width, it weighs 5 grams (a modern piece of A4 weighs 4 grams), so it's make-up is denser. The font, when viewed up close,on the front side, is 'slightly raised' & has a slight sheen (shine) to it. When the font area is viewed from the rear side, this area is indented into the paper, not to sure what the precise name would be for this type of printing, a slight embossment with an inked finish to the raised letters, you should be able to see this in the pictures. I can't see any reference to this style of letterhead on the Forum, but managed to find 2 identical examples via the following links: Adolf Hitler - A Reich Chancellery Dinner Plate 3rd Reich Germany Adolf Hitler Personal Stationery Cover and Contents from Berlin Chancellory @ GermanPostalHistory.com.
    I have compared the font, spacing etc on these examples & conclude that they are an exact match
    The paper quality is also well made (as I would imagine it would have been !) & there is no glow under UV, it is remarkably in good condition for it's age , one 'slight' crease on the left & the edges & corners are all intact & no wear to the edges. My gut is going with an authentic piece, but would value your thoughts & comments on this particular style of letterhead.
    Kind regards
    Paul
    Kanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letterKanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letterKanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letterKanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letterKanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letterKanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letterKanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letter
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 02-25-2018 at 10:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanzlei Des Fuhrers / AH Headed blank letter
    P
    Many

?

no watermark?... some old paper manufacturers mark their paper with watermark...

Thank you for your reply. No watermark, just checked, all I can see is the mottled composition of the paper, like you would see on an EK2 certificate. In hand, the paper has a slight texture to it.
    Regards
    Paul

Gday Paul, mate, I think this stationery is perfectly fine, I'd have it in my collection and be quite happy. Cheers, Dave.

Spot on Dave, I'm really chuffed with it ! The quality of the paper is good, has a 'slight' old smell to it, the printing is very precise (slight embossment to it) & compared to the other 2 examples the font, spacing etc is exact ! I wonder at what exact period this would have been used ?
    Kind regards
    Paul

?

yea... well it wouldn't be hard to forge these if you have that period blank paper and machine i assume it's made Kingsley Machine...
    in 1940s it might be done by some small company or "quality card store"...

your asking what period?... your link germanpostalhistory.com paper says 26.3.1942 ain't that close enough

some links...

Stamp heads

Kingsley Machine

More of these papers

Quote by mathat View Post
    yea... well it wouldn't be hard to forge these if you have that period blank paper and machine i assume it's made Kingsley Machine...
    in 1940s it might be done by some small company or "quality card store"...

your asking what period?... your link germanpostalhistory.com paper says 26.3.1942 ain't that close enough

some links...

Stamp heads

Kingsley Machine

More of these papers
    Thank you for your links. With regard to the dated letter, you're right, 1942........pretty much ties it down ! I just wondered if there are known 'time frames' within the TR period, regarding Chancellery notepaper when specific types of letterheads were used ?
    Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 03-03-2018 at 08:00 AM.

?

Like it!