Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looks like the same guy....

Article about: I noticed the photograph below, in the Steel Helmets section of the German forum, and saw the young fellow on the right. It immediately struck me that he looks almost exactly like a photo of

Default Looks like the same guy....

I noticed the photograph below, in the Steel Helmets section of the German forum, and saw the young fellow on the right. It immediately struck me that he looks almost exactly like a photo of a young SS man with the same medals. I doubt it's the same guy, seeing that one is wearing a Heer uniform and one is in the SS... But what a coincidence! Same age, same face, same medals?

The photo above is 1943 dated.

Josef Röllecke, from the 3rd Waffen SS Division "Totenkopf".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looks like the same guy....
    P
    Many

But Röllecke wears the Nahkampfspange and Verwundabzeichen in Silber. In #1 the Verwundabzeichen is Schwarz.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    But Röllecke wears the Nahkampfspange and Verwundabzeichen in Silber. In #1 the Verwundabzeichen is Schwarz.
    You mean the clasp thingie? I wasn't saying that they were the same guy, I was pointing out that they look so similar. Okay, now I notice one clasp is black, and the other is silver.

CSW
    ?

This thread might be useful if you're not yet familiar with German awards: The Use of German Terminology.

Furthermore, to my mind and eyes the first fellow has slightly smaller ears!

?

it is close but no cigar!

?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    I noticed the photograph below, in the Steel Helmets section of the German forum, and saw the young fellow on the right. It immediately struck me that he looks almost exactly like a photo of a young SS man with the same medals. I doubt it's the same guy, seeing that one is wearing a Heer uniform and one is in the SS... But what a coincidence! Same age, same face, same medals?

The photo above is 1943 dated.

Josef Röllecke, from the 3rd Waffen SS Division "Totenkopf".
    His name is Sassenberg. Röllecke was younger.
    Sassenberg, Hans-Hermann – Metapedia