Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)

Article about: I would like to share this interesting piece of history with you. Maybe someone able to find the owners of some of the signatures. The book was originally printed by the order of the mayor o

ATK
    ?

Default München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)

I would like to share this interesting piece of history with you. Maybe someone able to find the owners of some of the signatures.

The book was originally printed by the order of the mayor of Münich; Karl Fiehler.

I bought my first copy (the red hardcover one (obviously covered later)) a few years ago. It was very interesting because of the 3 signatures belongs to Turkish honorary consul, the other belongs to the deputy mayor of Münich and the last one belongs to the Münich leader of Hitler Jugend (Students). Also there is a note written in Turkish tells that the book was given to the owner at a dinner invitation by the Münich municipality because of the Nazi seizure of power on January 30th, 1939 while he was at Germany for a trip (possibly an official one).

München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)

A few months later i came across another copy of the same book with a different hand writing but with the same signatures. I tried to buy that one also but i couldn't at the end of the auction. Luckily I've downloaded the photo of the page with the signatures.

After a year or two, two weeks ago I've found a third one which is in a better condition. This one is in its original hardcover and there is a food menu card belongs to that special event given on 30th January, 1939. There was 5 signatures on this copy but there is no explanation notes regarding to those signatures.

München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)

It seems like a Turkish delegate (at least 3 person) attended to a dinner party arranged by the Munich municipality on 1939 to celebrate the seizure of power by the nazis and they gave these books as presents to the attendees. I tried to find the names of the deputy mayor and the HJ leader of Munich but without success. Maybe someone can help...

Anyway it seems interesting to me and i wanted to share it with you...

Regards Tuncer...
    Last edited by ATK; 10-16-2023 at 03:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement München - Vom Wesen einer Deutschen Stadt (30 Januar 1939 signed version)
    P
    Many