Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG team

Article about: I got this photo thingie today of an MG team of some sort. It is 9x12 cm and is made with thick paper (almost like modern day cardstock) and it has yellowed with age. There is a spot on it,

Default MG team

MG team

I got this photo thingie today of an MG team of some sort. It is 9x12 cm and is made with thick paper (almost like modern day cardstock) and it has yellowed with age. There is a spot on it, but other than that it has survived quite well. I don't know what to call it, because it's not glossy like amateur photos, and is rather matte. There are no back marks unfortunately, and nothing is written on the back. It's an interesting scene, makes me wonder where they're at.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG team
    P
    Many

Whether it is gloss or matte finish is purely down to the photographic paper used. No obvious problems with it. It is what it is, a pity there isn't more to gather about the context. Maybe there's an expert in telegraph poles that can hazard a guess at the country but it could be almost anywhere.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Whether it is gloss or matte finish is purely down to the photographic paper used. No obvious problems with it. It is what it is, a pity there isn't more to gather about the context. Maybe there's an expert in telegraph poles that can hazard a guess at the country but it could be almost anywhere.

MG team

I digitally enhanced the photo a bit, and you can see that it is a quite hilly place with thick ground vegetation. I think what appears to be smoke is on the horizon. It's a unique looking landscape that maybe the nerdiest of the WWII Battlefield nerds can ID, but perhaps not. Maybe we need some botanical experts here too.

I would guess at Summer 1941 Eastern front.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I would guess at Summer 1941 Eastern front.
    Or a pre-war training exercise on the Luneburger Heide

It has been a military training area for a couple of centuries, I think it still is albeit reduced, a NATO site and most of it looks just like that. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about that picture that is suggesting exercise rather than combat

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post

It has been a military training area for a couple of centuries, I think it still is albeit reduced, a NATO site and most of it looks just like that. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about that picture that is suggesting exercise rather than combat

Regards

Mark

The brush sure looks like it.

Quote by Watchdog View Post

Regards

Mark
    Fair point Mark, probably would not be clever to be standing behind a firing MG in a combat situation as it would make the photographer a target.