Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Muttertag Invite

Article about: Gents, I have an invitation to Muttertag 1939 and think it is for the lady to received the Mother's Award. Can you help and see if I am correct. And also help with reading the lady's name an

Default Muttertag Invite

Gents,

I have an invitation to Muttertag 1939 and think it is for the lady to received the Mother's Award. Can you help and see if I am correct.
    And also help with reading the lady's name and is there an organization with it? I put two pictures hoping it could help reading it. Still working
    on the two other names on the card but think they are Reichsleiters from Munchen.

Thanks in advance as always

Muttertag InviteMuttertag Invite

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muttertag Invite
    P
    Many

Hello Lonewolf.

I’m not familiar with this type of document, so please take this with a pinch of salt.

I would read her name as Pauline Krippner.

As for the next word, I’m not confident with it, but I would read it as something like Fraunhofern 9/I

Possibly a job title or company?

Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications - Wikipedia

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Will.

Reichsleiter Karl Fiehler

Karl Fiehler (31 August 1895 – 8 December 1969) was a German Nazi Party (NSDAP) official and Mayor of Munich from 1933 until 1945. He was an early member of the Nazi Party having joined in 1920. In 1933, he became a Reichsleiter in the party and was a member of the Reichstag. In March of 1933, he was appointed Mayor of Munich and held that post until the end of World War II in Europe. During his time as mayor, Fiehler was zealously anti-Semitic and saw to it that the Jewish population of the city was persecuted. After the war in January 1949, Fiehler was sentenced to two years in a labour camp, but the sentence was suspended given the previous three-and-a-half years of detention he had already served.

Fiehler stood with Hitler at the 1923 Putsch and served 15 months in prison with Hitler. His party number is 37. Fiehler was later made Reichsleiter and Oberbürgermeister Mayor of Munich in May 1933.

Karl Fiehler - Wikipedia
    Reichsleiter Karl Fiehler Lord Mayor of Munich - Germany: Imperial: The Orders, Decorations and Medals of The Imperial German States - Gentleman's Military Interest Club
    Karl FIEHLER ? - Axis History Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muttertag Invite  

I think this the correct Kreisleiter Walter Ziehnert

Executed on March 4th 1947 for the Murder of a downed American Airman, Major John Reynolds.

'Dachau Trials'
    Trials by U.S. Army Courts in Europe 1945 - 1948

File Number: US176
    Review Date: 461216
    Case Number: 12-2011 (US vs. Johann Sponsel et al)
    Crime Category: War Crimes
    Accused:
    Sponsel, Johann Georg - Death Sentence
    Ziehnert, Walter - Death Sentence
    177 Court: General Military Government Court at Dachau, Germany 460320
    Country where the crime had been committed: Germany
    Crime Location: Ingolstadt
    Crime Date: 440910
    Victim: POW
    Nationality: American
    Agency: NSDAP, Kreisleiter Ingolstadt, Kreisleiter Rosenheim
    Subject of the proceeding: After receiving custody of an American airman the accused shot and killed the flyer en route to a nearby airfield.
    Captcha

Here is the case file -
    https://www.online.uni-marburg.de/ic...0-012-2011.pdf

Misc information -
    Ingolstadt: Hitlers Stellvertreter in Ingolstadt - Neues Buch beschreibt die Kreisleiter der Nazis - einer der brutalsten war Georg Sponsel
    Tieffliegerangriff 10. September 1944 Ingolstadt - Geschichte - Forum der Wehrmacht

Information on Major John Reynolds-
    John R Reynolds | American Air Museum in Britain
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muttertag Invite  

Will,
    Thanks a lot!! I thought the woman's name was Krippner but wasn't sure. The rest of it I didn't have a clue, thanks. I will continue to look into this. A very interesting card with some interesting people on it.
    Thanks again!

TWS
    ?

It is an invitation from the Lord Mayor of Munich ("Hauptstadt der Bewegung" - capital of the (Nazi) movement) and the Kreisleiter to this Pauline Krippner to the Mother's Day celebration (celebration on the occasion of Mother's Day - literally) on 21 May 1939 to take place at 11:00.

The invitation is not transferrable.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks Todd, I would not have wanted her to get in trouble for giving the invitation to someone else! LOL!

TWS
    ?

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    Thanks Todd, I would not have wanted her to get in trouble for giving the invitation to someone else! LOL!
    LOL! That's literally what is says on the bottom! She must have either gone herself, or not attended at all.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Has anyone seen a picture of Kreisleiter Walter Ziehnert? Have not found much on him nor any pictures! Thanks