Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Need opinions on some SS feldpost!

Article about: So I found some SS feldpost for sale and wanted to check your opinon about it. I find one part of the description a little bit odd: "Interesteing to note that on several of the earlier

?

Default Re: Need opinions on some SS feldpost!

Translation of first letter does not really shine a light on things but: "In brief, he tells his parents he received their packet, sent them a packet with coffee, cigars, nylons, and stamps. He asks if all his stamps are still at home. He apologizes for not coming home for a visit, but says all leaves were cancelled at that time, and there will be a big homecoming when they can all be together again someday.
    Other than that, he says, everything is pretty much the same for him. He sends hugs and kisses."

I've asked the seller for my money back, let's hope he's a honest guy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on some SS feldpost!
    P
    Many

?

Spoke to seller today who will give me back the money once he recives the letters.

?

Is he to be trusted?

Cheers

?

Yes he seems to have quite good manners and also I have he's adress to send the letters to so I can make a report to the police if he should not pay me back. (He's from Sweden)

?

Go for it. Nice if you get your money back mate

Cheers

Sounds good, but let me say, they guy which sold it to you must not be the cheater! I could be possible, that he was the first who lost his money.
    Greetings
    Joerg

Hi Daniel,

Did you already return the letters?

Im still not completely convinced that this group of letters were faked, maybe there is some sort of plausible explanation to this little mystery.

From my point of view it doesnt make sense to fake 19 letters and not use the same handwritting all the way. So I would rule this option out.

If the letters originate from a civilian or maybe a wehrmacht soldier (thus ss-feldpostnumber is faked), then the issue is still the same, why does the handwriting differ. However there can be plausible reasons for that, like being wounded, battle stress, comrades writting on your behalf etc. Doesnt seem very likely in this case.

If the letters originate from several individuals who each write to their own family. Then the faker must have chosen the letters carefully otherwise it should be easy to spot different narrative styles, names locations etc. Btw are all letters signed by Karl Born or Karl?

That leads me to the next point that doesnt make sense to me. If the letters originate from feldpost sent to different families then the envelopes must be faked entirely, but why would a faker mix wehrmacht- and ss-ranks (soldat vs. ss-schütze)? and why does the handwritting on the envelopes then also differ?

The only thing that match all the way are the feldpostnumbers which can all be traced to reg."Deutschland" and the fact that volunteers from the hometown of Karl Born (according to the adress on the envelopes) were usually ending up in the "Das Reich" division. However it's a bit suspicious that it matches so well now that everything else about the letters doesnt correspond.

Anyone having a reasonable explaination for what going on?

Cheers, Mads

?

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Hi Daniel,

Did you already return the letters?

Im still not completely convinced that this group of letters were faked, maybe there is some sort of plausible explanation to this little mystery.

From my point of view it doesnt make sense to fake 19 letters and not use the same handwritting all the way. So I would rule this option out.

If the letters originate from a civilian or maybe a wehrmacht soldier (thus ss-feldpostnumber is faked), then the issue is still the same, why does the handwriting differ. However there can be plausible reasons for that, like being wounded, battle stress, comrades writting on your behalf etc. Doesnt seem very likely in this case.

If the letters originate from several individuals who each write to their own family. Then the faker must have chosen the letters carefully otherwise it should be easy to spot different narrative styles, names locations etc. Btw are all letters signed by Karl Born or Karl?

That leads me to the next point that doesnt make sense to me. If the letters originate from feldpost sent to different families then the envelopes must be faked entirely, but why would a faker mix wehrmacht- and ss-ranks (soldat vs. ss-schütze)? and why does the handwritting on the envelopes then also differ?

The only thing that match all the way are the feldpostnumbers which can all be traced to reg."Deutschland" and the fact that volunteers from the hometown of Karl Born (according to the adress on the envelopes) were usually ending up in the "Das Reich" division. However it's a bit suspicious that it matches so well now that everything else about the letters doesnt correspond.

Anyone having a reasonable explaination for what going on?

Cheers, Mads
    Yepp I returned them today. The tip of the iceberg were the second feldpost letter that was written one day after the feldpost stamp that was on the envelope. I usually put in a lot of work and money in my research projects, having all letters translated, researching the soldier and the division and finally visiting the soldiers grave. This is not something I want to do with a group that gives me a "really bad feeling".
    Last edited by Monuir; 02-05-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4