Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.

Article about: Hello everyone I have this lot I have asked about 2 items from it so far and thought I should just post the lot up. As you see he was in the hj and went into the NSFK and learned how to use

Default Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.

Hello everyone I have this lot I have asked about 2 items from it so far and thought I should just post the lot up. As you see he was in the hj and went into the NSFK and learned how to use gliders. There are 96 entries of 4 different types of gliders. Then after that he ended up in fallschirmjäger 3./6 FJR1 and was wounded and got the black badge. ( I got one to go with the lot). You can see the man made it through the war and has I belive a passport that has d as tes in it from the 50s. The work book also has dates from 40 up to 50s the guy also worked for Delmar Benz ! Pretty neat! You can see his POW papers too they are very neat!. If any one can please add some more input on this lot shade some light on the missing parts. For me the biggest is what he did as a fallschirmjäger. Being part of regiment 1 what all was involved in? What did he see and where was he wounded. I'd like to get a map and trace his steps. From the start to the end. I have looked up the church paper and found it to be from his home town. This is my first real big paper lot and I'd just to be able to write down everything I can about this young man and honor him for being a fallschirmjäger. Thank you all for looking and helping! Have a good night!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.   Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.  

Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.   Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.  

Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsfk/hj/fallschirmjäger document lot.
    P
    Many

Disregard the photo with 75bann boards added by mistake

Based on his age and the low rank, I'd say that he was a late war addition to the Fallschirmjäger, maybe transferred across from a Luftwaffe signals unit but that is just an assumption. At the time he served with FJR-1 they were fighting in Italy:

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiment

Thank you so much. Now I just gotta find out where he was wounded so I can piece it all together and make a nice write up for him. It is a very cool lot! Thanks again!

Now how would I be able to find out when he joined? That way maybe i can narrow it down to what battles he might have been part of? Thank you

If you have his date and place of birth you could ask the Bundesarchiv for his service history. They may, or may not as you're not Next of Kin, send you a copy.

Bundesarchiv Internet - Personal Documents of Military Provenance until 1945

Ok thank you so much ima try and see what happens. I sure would love to find out! Thank you again!

Nice group of items. As his discharge papers cites him as having previously been in a Berlin PW enclosure if he was in Italy when his was wounded with FJ Regiment 1 then perhaps he ended up in a Berlin Hospital when he was taken prisoner.

Yeah I thought that but wasn't sure if that is how it worked and why he went to that hospital. I'd like to find out where he was wounded like what battle he was part of but I'd have to look into the archives. Just a very interesting lot

Notice that the award for the Verwundabzeichen in Schwarz refers to the Reservelazarett Lemförde, which is near Osnabrucke? So perhaps he was wounded in Italy and was transported back?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast