Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help

Article about: Hi everyone hope you are all well. I have recently purchased Organisation Todt Dienstbuch for my collection( mainly because never saw one before lol). Problem I have I haven't a clue what's

Default Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help

Hi everyone hope you are all well.
    I have recently purchased Organisation Todt Dienstbuch for my collection( mainly because never saw one before lol).
    Problem I have I haven't a clue what's information is in it or what it was used for.
    Please see pictures any help would be great.
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help   Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help  

Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help   Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help
    P
    Many

Hello Halo.

Organisation Todt (OT) was a civil and military engineering organisation in Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945, named for its founder, Fritz Todt, an engineer and senior Nazi. The organisation was responsible for a huge range of engineering projects both in Nazi Germany and in occupied territories from France to the Soviet Union during World War II.
    Organisation Todt - Wikipedia

This is the type B document and would have been the personal record of the mans service in the Organisation Todt. You can encounter entries on such things as the places he had been deployed, any equipment, clothing or weapons issued and any medals awarded etc.

You need close up and focused photos of the script because it’s very blurred and impossible to read. What I can tell you is his name is August Meyer, he was born on the 10th of April 1926, he was single (page 3 section 4 - Led = Ledig) and his Father was called Ludwig.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 10-11-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Its also marked ausgescheiden which translates as retired.

hi all thank you for replying. I would love to know if he was entitled to any medals or where he worked does anyone know what page that would be on please. thank you

Hello Halo.

Awards are on page 5.

Areas of deployment are on page 16.

Issued kit is on pages 20 and 21.

Weapons issued are on page 24.

If you post clear and focused photos we could possibly translate what is written and give you a full picture of this mans service.

He also passed his gas mask test. Blackcat1982, "ausgeshieden" means he left the organization, not retired from it necessarily. Being born in 1926, he was a little too young to retire from anywhere.

pics taken as requested sorry for the delay had problems with internet at home

- - ------- - -

another new pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help   Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help  

Organisation Todt Dienstbuch need help  

I like the fact that he has been innoculated against cholera and typhus. No anti vaxers in the orginisation Todt

any information where he was stationed and what for ?

This is what I have come up with. I’m struggling to find the some of the locations, but it appears he was in France.

Page 16 - Tätigkeit unter feindlicher Einwirkung

20.8.44 - Strasse angouleme? ??? : uberfall durch terroristen

20.8.44 - Strasse la charite - Varzy gefecht mit terroristenbanden

21.8.44 - Sauberung von Varzy nach feueruberfall durch terroristen

21.8.44 - Feueruberfall durch terroristen und anselb gefecht gegan terroristenbanden

21.8.44 - Feueruberfall durch terroristen im ???

Page 16 - Activity under enemy influence

20.8.44 - angouleme? street ???: attack by terrorists

20.8.44 - la charite street - Varzy battle with terrorist gangs

21.8.44 - Varzy is cleared after a fire attack by terrorists

21.8.44 - Fire attack by terrorists and fighting against terrorist gangs

21.8.44 - fire attack by terrorists in ???

Page 22 - The written entry says he was issued Hosenträger (a pair of suspenders)

Page 23 - The written entry says he was issued a Mütze (cap)

Page 24 - 29.9.44 - Gewehr 35411 (Gun and serial number)
    Last edited by Willmore; 10-17-2021 at 12:55 PM.