Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

papers and documents forund in a Soldbuch

Article about: Hello, Below are some pictures of various papers that were in the back of this soldiers Soldbuch, there also as you see another picture of him and I guess his dad. I've treid some online tra

Default papers and documents forund in a Soldbuch

Hello,
    Below are some pictures of various papers that were in the back of this soldiers Soldbuch, there also as you see another picture of him and I guess his dad. I've treid some online translation apps and had some luck with so me stuff but most of it isn't working out well for me. Any comments or assitance in what any or all of this means is greatly appreciated.
    i am curious, is this fairly common to find all this paperwork still in the book? This is my first Soldbuch that i picked up at auction not knowing that all this was inside.

Thanks,
    Lenny

papers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuchpapers and documents forund in a Soldbuch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement papers and documents forund in a Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Re: papers and documents forund in a Soldbuch

Looks to be a nice find. While it is fairly common to find assorted bits of paperwork inside Soldbucher, and Wehrpasse, it varies from Soldbuch to Soldbuch as to what. Most of the times it is nothing at all while other times it can be anything from letters and poems to citations. The 34 ID citation is an especially nice, and fairly scarce, find. See this link and scroll down to the Insignia section to see what it relates to...
    34. Infanterie-Division - Axis History

The handwritten note seems to be addressed to one Herr (Mr.) Steinhauer regarding Pionier Erich Albrecht's (and seemingly also G Achtzehn's ) temporary address --- seem like he may have been wounded and was hospitalized at the time(?). Someone may be able to tell you more about that one...
    There's also some kind of ID card (issued to G Achtzehn) that states that it is only valid when presented along with the Soldbuch. Then there's a note that seems to have accompanied this "Divisions Erinnerungzeichen" award document (awarded to G Achtzehn).

There's also a couple of railway documents in there... one seems to be a train ticket issued through the Wehrmacht to this Gunther Achtzehn.

A nice surprise with all the extra paperwork and the
    photograph. Well done.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    A nice surprise with all the extra paperwork and the
    photograph. Well done.........!
    Indeed it is. Always a welcome bonus to find these hidden "extras". They add so much character and history to a piece, especially when researched. I hope that you are able to find out a little more about the owner in the future.

Well done and thanks for sharing it with us all.

Regards,

Carl

very cool extra's!!!!!!! I like the hand drawn map alot.