Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig

Article about: Hello gentlemen! The last weeks have brought some nice new pieces. Today I found this nice photo of Konrad von Leipzig. Interesting is the fact that I found this exact same picture on the we

Default Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig

Hello gentlemen!

The last weeks have brought some nice new pieces.

Today I found this nice photo of Konrad von Leipzig.

Interesting is the fact that I found this exact same picture on the web labled under his brother's name
    RK recipient and Rommel's driver Hellmut v. Leipzig.
    (For example on some posts on this forum as well as on the website WW2gravestone.com and some other webpages)

Now we have a hint in the right direction I believe.
    As this old photo is clearly enscribed with the name
    Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig.

Konrad von Leipzig was Born in 1919 in South Africa , later served in the Brandenburg troops and died in Yugoslavia.

The writing on the back also tells us a month and place of death, wich I was able to confirm via the Volksbund search engine.

Can someone help me with the two handwritten circles on the bottom left on the front side of the photo?
    What could they mean?

The photos feels, smells ans looks old but maybe someone can tell me an exact timeframe when it could be made.

In my opinion it's a spectacular photo with a wide variety of medals and orders

(Ehrenblattspange, Iron trefoil, DKIG, EK1&2, VWA and an interesting way to wear the KVK2)

Unfortunately no Brandenburg cuff title is visible on the photo.

Please let me know what you think about the photo and my theory that the long believed photo of Hellmut Leipzig doesn't show him, but instead his brother Konrad.

Thanks and greetings from northern Germany!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig   Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig  

Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig   Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo of Rittmeister Konrad von Leipzig / Brother of Hellmut v. Leipzig
    P
    Many

PS. I found a very detailed article about Conrad von Leipzig in German.
    Even with the correct photo.

The story of his life is heroic and also very tragic.

Leipzig, Konrad von – Metapedia

MAP
    ?

Nice Photo. Given the rarity of the award, you don't see many photos for soldiers wearing the Honor Roll Ribbon or soldiers wearing both an EK and a KvK.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi there.

A really great photo and a very brave man, thank you for sharing it with us.

Here is a Sterbebild to a member of Stab./Küstenjäger Abteilung Brandenburg. Division Brandenburg -

Posts #725 & 726 -

Post your death notices

Kind regards,

Will.

Thanks Willmore!
    As more as I read about von Leipzig and the Küstenjäger, as more I'm intrigued by the interesting topic!

If someone has any ideas about the wrighting on the lower right corner of the pictures front side, please let me know.

Any additional ideas on the topic and about the picture itself area highly appreciated!

Unquestionably the man in the photo is Cavalry Captain Konrad von Leipzig.

Regards
    Santi

The Brandenburg troops are very interesting and some of the missions they undertook were amazing. During the war they would work behind enemy lines, often dressed in captured enemy uniforms.

Here is the entry on Traces of war for Konrad. Interestingly he seems to have lost a leg, but still took part in operations. The loss of his leg could be the reason he is wearing the Wound Badge in Silver.

Leipzig, von, Konrad - TracesOfWar.com

Here are some links with information about the Küstenjäger -

Kustenjager

Kustenjager auf Lemnos.

Бранденбург-800 / Baulehrbataillon z.b.V. 800 / Sonderverband „Brandenburg“| Сторінка 5 | REIBERT.info

Los “Otros” Brandenburg - El Gran Capitan

https://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrie...erband/kja.htm

Kind regards,

Will.

?

That's a great photo made even more great by the way he is wearing the humble KVK2. I think most awardees would just wear the ribbon bar but he has gone for the medal and ribbon very predominantly displayed.
    I can only surmise about the EK2 ribbon, obviously not sewn into his button hole or else he wouldn't be able to thread the medal onto it so possibly the ribbon just tucked in or pinned in place.
    Very interesting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks to y'all for the additional information on the subject and your interest in the photo!
    I'm happy that I had the chance to buy and own it!